Your Thoughts on Mark IV Accuracy Kits

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by SGW Gunsmith, Apr 27, 2019.

1. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

It's dang bad enough to purchase a **NEW** Ruger Mark IV pistol for the prices charged and then need to 'out-flow' more cash to purchase a 'kit' so that you end up with a smooth operating pistol that has a much better trigger pull weight and smoother operating action.

What if, you could have your, as is, parts in your Ruger Mark IV, tuned and smoothed for around half of what these aftermarket kits cost? What if all the wobble in your Mark IV factory trigger was removed and you had the addition of pre and over-travel adjustment all put into your factory trigger, and have the 'magazine disco' removed, with the sear reworked to a much better feeling 3 to 3½ pound pull weight?
    Would be sorta nice eh, and maybe something you might consider before dropping $130.00 to $150.00 for an aftermarket kit, that you will need to install, or pay a 'smith to install, when the modifications can be all done safely for around $75.00, plus return shipping.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I thought about a trigger kit but for the price I decided I don't have that much of a dislike of the OEM trigger. I get used to the trigger on my guns and then I am satisfied with the gun as is. If I was a competition shooter that might be different.
    Having you do it for about half the price of the kit alone is a very fair deal.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019