Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently carry a Ka-Bar TDI and Bokër SubCom F. I also carry a couple of Kershaws in my work backpack.

Ka-Bar

Bokër

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
All the time carry. A Gerber Skeletonized 4" and Gerber Applegate Mini-Tac 3.5." The Applegate cliped in the watch pocket of my jeans and the Skeleton clipped in the left.

In the brush I have a Buck, Shrade SOG and a smaller Shrade.

·
Registered
204 Posts
All the time carry. A Gerber Skeletonized 4" and Gerber Applegate Mini-Tac 3.5." The Applegate cliped in the watch pocket of my jeans and the Skeleton clipped in the left.

In the brush I have a Buck, Shrade SOG and a smaller Shrade.

Pancho, that Applegate looks like it's been used once or twice. The "Smaller Schrade also has been around awhile!;)

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Pancho, that Applegate looks like it's been used once or twice. The "Smaller Schrade also has been around awhile!;)
Yep, the Mini-Tac is used alot. The big Buck and the small Shrade were the F in law's knives. He carried them alot when hunting. The Shrade mostly when dressed to go out and "get a steak." That was his steack knife. He is in the nursing home now, so I collected them and several others. Got more.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Gotta be some more blade guys out there. Here are a couple of Shrade lockbacks on top, a Shrade folder, and a high mileage Case that belonged to my dad. Carried it huning and at work as a Chief LEO.

A "Soligen" marked Bowie type with a bone handle. Got it from my bro. The other 2 are a Case. One was my dad's and the other was the F in laws. They gave them to my son when they quit hunting.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I've switched around a lot over the years, recently went back to my old benchmade folder after getting it back from LifeSharp.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Sone "going camping" stuff. Top is an Estwing hatchet and second an Imperial given to me by the F in law for camping tips. bottom is a lockback Buck Lite.

Three CASE folders. Carried off and on around the old rancho along with my other clip on tac type knives. Gifts from the F in law over the years. He calls them cattleman folders. I don't have anycattle and he sold his. The top one has a huge spike on it. I punch holes in leather with it.

·
Registered
204 Posts

Three CASE folders. Carried off and on around the old rancho along with my other clip on tac type knives. Gifts from the F in law over the years. He calls them cattleman folders. I don't have anycattle and he sold his. The top one has a huge spike on it. I punch holes in leather with it.

I always thought that was a "marlin spike " for rope and line splicing.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
artbrownsr,

You are probably right. The F in law braided leather, made bullwhips and such till he got too arthritic and senile.

·
Special Dance Instructor
924 Posts
It is a marlin spike, mainly used to get knots out of rope.
I have a German paratrooper knife (Fallschirmjäger das messer) with a marlin spike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I carry a Winchester Burl handle folder, a Winchester pocketknife, an SOG Paratool, a Leatherman Mini multi-tool and various other knives in pockets of all my coats & jackets. I always need a knife so I always make sure to have more than one on me. And I have picked up so many at yard sales that I have them stashed all over my house, my BOB's & GHB in my car and I'll pick up more when I can.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Living in the land of the unexpected, my EDC may seem to be rather extreme to some.

Starting with a 16 shot 10mm Witness Stock with 4 spare hicap mags, we move onto a smattering of Cold Steel blades. Not shown is a SOG Powerlock nor the ever handy SOG Crosscut.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts