Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got an email stating I won with highest bid on a gun. It didn't say what gun I won the bid on and I thought oh crap what gun was it and how much.
I checked into the site and luckily I didn't win the bid on a high dollar Python. Whew that was a relief. So the winning bid was on a Browning SA22. I probably paid to much because at the time I couldn't open one picture of the barrel. Well now I won the bid I could open the pic of barrel and it is freckled. Oh well I hope I can clean up the freckles a good bit. I really didn't think I would win the bid on a Browning when I made the bid. I won the bid by $5.
Geeze I sure failed the "Not going to buy any more guns" because I bought two last weekend and now this rifle. I don't really have room for another rifle in my safe.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Admit Man....

You will feel better..

YOUR ADDICTED.

:machinegun::rayoff:

Jim

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Ha! Well, post some pics when you get it! Maybe you two were just meant to be together.........

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I was just a little kid in the summer I had freckles so bad I looked like a raccoon. Then when I got into high school the freckles were replaced by zits.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jim or anyone else what is the scoop on a Browning sa 22. supposedly it was one if not the first semi auto 22 rifles made by JMB. Supposed to be very accurate and action smooth as butter. Anyone here ever shot one?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Nope! Never even handled one. When do you get it?

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I have only seen a couple in my time, and they were beat to crap, so I don't own one.

If I ever came across a nice one, I would grab it.

The SA-22 was the first production semiautomatic rifle chambered in .22 LR caliber,[2] and is regarded as a classic firearm.[2][3] It has been offered in several "grades" of engraving and gold inlay, and is a widely collected gun, especially those manufactured in Belgium.[4]
The Semi-auto .22 is a made from blued steel and walnut, and ejects spent cases downward. This feature was intended by the designer to keep the user's face "protected from gasses and flying particles while firing", at which it succeeds, but also allows the sizzling hot empty case to eject down one's forward-arm shirt sleeve. The lack of a side-mounted ejection port also leaves a large "canvas" for engraving.[2] Factory engraving was done by hand at FN Herstal, and is done by laser engraving with hand finishing at Miroku. It has occasionally been sold with a factory fitted hard case, or with scope mounting grooves on the receiver.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't even gotten an email from the seller yet for payment so I don't know when I will get it.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Buster,

Stop with the crying. You know you wanted that rifle and now inside you are happy that you got it. And if your safe isn't big enough just go out and buy a second safe that will hold another 30 guns. You can't fool us "old" shooters as you call us. Tain't gonna work.

Tommy

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Buster,

Stop with the crying. You know you wanted that rifle and now inside you are happy that you got it. And if your safe isn't big enough just go out and buy a second safe that will hold another 30 guns. You can't fool us "old" shooters as you call us. Tain't gonna work.

Tommy
That's right, Tommy. And he's happy about the freckles, 'cause he can rub them out and then use that spray-on blue.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VT you got me there.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Made the "no more" decision last yr and have been sticking to it. A few tempting times but willpower not weakness. :) Besides, it's one thing to run out of room in a gun safe; try running out of room in the gun room. Yikes.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
^^^ I imagine Jim had to add on a room for all his guns. Ha! I have yet to hear Jim say he just bought his last gun.
The barrel is stamped made in Belgium so I would think it isn't a Japanese or US made gun.
I still haven't had any contact from seller for payment so who knows if or when I will get it.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
You may never hear that from me.....

You may never hear me say I aint eatin anymore either....:yummy:

I'm looking a beautiful Japanese Type 38 Ariska rifle as we speak..:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After being able to see the barrel and how bad it is pitted I think I am just going to pay the relisting fee. If I can't do that then I will go ahead and get it. I have no idea why the barrel pic didn't come up when I bid on it but now it does. Often photography magnifies a blemish but I think the pitting will actually be pretty bad. Oh well I will see Monday what happens.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts