Yet another'n

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by VThillman, May 27, 2017.

1. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I don't recall just how I got there, But I found myself staring at a pic of an SA revolver in 22LR/22WMR with a 6¾" barrel in a "fullsize" frame. Somehow that "fullsize frame" made my Want It finger pull the trigger. So...

Imported by EAA from Germany. Probably the same outfit that made SG's Windicator. It should be in my hands by next weekend.

My current plan/justification-for-owning it is to use it primarily in 22 Mag as a mate to the Blackhawk in 45 auto. Having a little difficulty making sense out of that now, but I expect to have completely conned myself by the time it gets here.

:p

Attached Files:

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Sounds like your window shopping turned into another buy. We gun lovers make terrible window shoppers when the store is open.

3. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Congrats on the new toy VT!

I believe they call that model the 'bounty hunter'

4. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Nice going, always have a soft spot for western hardware.:D

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I consider it un American to walk into a gun store, especially when you have a few bucks in your pocket and not buy anything. Luckily I haven't any money but I sure do like to window shop. Just hanging out in a gun store makes your adrenaline flow.

Tommy

6. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

It's a massive 22, that's for sure. A friend has the 10 shot version. It's made on the steel frame the 357/44/45 version are made from.I bet it weighs close to 4 pounds! I don't think you could wear it out. It sure shoots good!

I think the 6 and 8 shot versions are a bit lighter weight.

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

39 ounces empty, it says. Aluminum alloy frame. I'll be watching for flame cutting with 22 Mag ammo. That big steel cylinder, with eight little holes in it, probably weighs something.

8. conservative

conservative New Member

I feel the same way ! You couldn't have said it better! Unfortunately, paychecks and bank statements aren't like blank checks . Oh if only they were !