xmas & guns

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Dec 25, 2016.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

What guns or gun related items did you get for presents?

2. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

I was supposed to get the RAP compact, but I finagled getting it early.

I did find a vibratory tumbler, a 4 hole conversion kit for my old manual advance Lee 3 hole turret press, along with the auto advance ram, plus enough auto disc powder measures and risers to have a dedicated turret complete for all the handgun rounds I load for under the tree.

3. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

^^^ you made out like a bandit! Nice haul.

4. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

No guns for me but I did get a wonderful tee-shirt from my wife. I hope it is a good omen of things to come...

Attached Files:

5. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I got a magazine speed loader, a lee hand primer and a gun book by Dave Petzal

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I got 2 gift certificates for the "Angery Crab" restaurant. They have wonderful KING crab legs. I can eat a pound of them.

But I didn't get any guns or ammo or nothing like that. She said our house looks like an arsenal now. Now when can you have too many guns. I can see have 2 many wives and I've already done that stupid trick!!

Tommy

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Couple of the grands got me this hat rack and the jewelry box ,(I think) , anyway the top comes off the little box and its the thought.:)

They know I always wear hats and have a few guns.

hanger1.jpg

Jim
    PS, the Ben Frankiln will soon be gun related...;):D

8. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Nothing at all and not disappointed one tiny bit. She has no interest to know about my firearms or related items and I'm fine with that too. Not one to play the "buy me this" card and for the most part if one of us wants something, we simply buy it. besides, were the wife to venture out into the gun room and take a look at what I have/don't have she may find some things she maybe shouldn't know are there. ;) LOL

9. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Tommy I guess you getting two gift certificates means you get to go twice. LOL

10. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

11. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster - are you yanking on me again??????:teehee::nuts:

Tommy

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

The wife surprised me with this:

[​IMG]

1000 round case of Federal LC ( Lake City ) XM193BK 5.56x45MM 55 Grain MCBT ( Metallic Cartridge Boat Tail ) Ball

God...I LOVE that Woman !!

13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

XM193 product is first run, first quality product manufactured at Lake City Army Ammunition Plant for Federal ATK and is made to Federal specifications.

All XM193 product is the same regardless of the sku or part number. (ie. XM193C is the same as XM193BK, XM193F and etc…) The only difference is the way they’re packaged. This XM193BK configuration comes as 1000 rounds in bulk packaging.

Ammunition Features and Specs

•CALIBER: 5.56 mm, manufactured at the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant (LCAAP)
    •CASE: Brass (Copper Alloy No. 260)
    •BULLET: 55 gr. FMJ Boat-Tail
    •PRIMER: M41 Operating Range: (-40 degrees to +125 degrees F)
    •PRIMER SEALANT: Water resistant lacquer
    •CASE MOUTH SEALANT: Yes
    •CASE KNURL: No
    •HEADSTAMP: Each loaded cartridge shall be headstamped with the manufacturers symbol and year of manufacture
    •ACCURACY: 3-10round groups not to exceed 2.00 inch mean radius maximum average at 200 yards
    •INSTRUMENTAL VELOCITY: 3165 +/- 40 FPS (78 feet from muzzle) using a 5.56 test barrel, 20 inches long
    •ENERGY: 1223 Ft-Lbs. at 78’
    •CHAMBER PRESSURE: Piezotronic maximum average per 10 rounds - 55000 PSI in 5.56 test barrel (case mouth location)
    •BULLET PULL: Minimum individual 35 lbs.
    •PROPELLANT DETECTION: 100% mechanical/electronic detection of propellant levels within the cartridge
    •VISUAL INSPECTION: 100% visual inspection of finished cartridges prior to packaging
    •WARNING: For use in standard 5.56 mm chambers. Do not use in .223 chambers.
    •PACKAGING: Bulk.