wtb Stock for Ruger 44 Magnum Carbine

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Scootabuck, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Scootabuck

Scootabuck New Member

My brother n law gave me this rifle and it is in pretty good shape except has a cracked stock. According to serial number, looks to be about 1972 year model. Does anyone have a stock for sale or know where I might find one. Do any of these other model stocks fit this one?
    Thanks

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the R/T!!

Enjoy our community...

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hi Scoot. Maybe you'll get lucky, but you'll probably need to repair the stock you have.

4. Scootabuck

Scootabuck New Member

Thanks guys. That's what I'm afraid of VThillman.

5. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to the forum!

I doubt anyone here has an extra stock for sale, unfortunately. You might get lucky on eBay or gun broker.

6. Scootabuck

Scootabuck New Member

Thanks SavageGuy! I've been checking those. I also contacted Boyd's and they aren't making one right now, but I put it on their request form. If anyone sees one, please let me know.

7. Bigun

Bigun New Member

Stocks

I just bought and received (today) a used stock for the tube magazine 44 mag semi-auto carbine. I paid $128.25 plus $14.00 shipping on Ebay. Someone on Gunbroker.com has or very recently had a used stock for $360.00 which was way to rich for my blood. Another seller on Gunbroker had or has a Boyd's for I believe $259.00. It fit my model (not the rotary magazine model). Good luck with your search. It took me a couple of months but finally these three appeared all within a week.

8. Scootabuck

Scootabuck New Member

Thanks Bigun! I think I actually bidded in the early stages of the stock that you bought. Is that the one that had been under water? Does it seem like it's going to do the job?! I hope it works well for you. I'm like you though, the other two are just a little too much for me. I'm seeing that Bob's Gun Parts is supossed to have some coming soon. I'd appreciate it if you would let me know if you see another one out there.

9. Bigun

Bigun New Member

Ruger stock

Yes that's the stock I got. I was a little concerned when he mentioned water damage, but he did a really good job getting it back in shape. If I see another out there I'll be sure to let you know.

10. Scootabuck

Scootabuck New Member

That's great Bigun. I hope it does you well. Thank you!

11. dlearyfun

dlearyfun New Member

I am probably way too late to help you but I have an absolutely perfect stock that was from my Deerstalker serial # 100-42096 which was made in 1973. If you are still looking, contact me.

12. Scootabuck

Scootabuck New Member

Hi dlearyfun. Actually I'm still in the market for that stock. I haven't been pursuing it very hard lately though. Can you send me some pics?

13. dlearyfun

dlearyfun New Member

Ruger Stock

Hi Scoot;
    Here are the pics.

Attached Files:

14. Scootabuck

Scootabuck New Member

Ruger Stock

Hi dlearyfun,
    The pics look good! What kind of price do you need and what about shipping? Do you take PayPal?

15. dlearyfun

dlearyfun New Member

Ruger Stock

Hi Scoot;
    I would like $200 for the stock as it is in like new shape and lets say $20 to ship UPS. If it costs more to ship than $20, I will eat the difference. I do not deal with PayPal, however my wife sometimes sells stuff on Ebay so she has an Intuit Merchant Account which means I can take Mastercard, Visa, American Express or Discover cards. Let me know if this works for you.

Dick L.

16. Scootabuck

Scootabuck New Member

Ruger Stock

Hi Dick,

I had kind of set a limit on a stock at $130 to $150. Would you consider that?

Bill

17. dlearyfun

dlearyfun New Member

Ruger stock

Hi Bill;
    thanks for quick reply. I could go down to $175 plus the shipping but no lower. The only reason I am selling is because late last year I took the gun to a gun shop where I thought the owner knew what he was doing when he dissembled the receiver on the counter in his shop. While removing a spring, parts flew in every direction. He collected stuff from the floor and everywhere else he thought he might find something. I left with loose parts and took it all home. Needless to say, parts are missing so I decided to move on from the Deerstalker. It is a very fussy piece anyway, especially with ammo and I have other rifles that are far less ornery. Maybe I will just frame the stock and hang it on the wall of my man cave. Thanks anyway for your interest.

Dick L.

18. Scootabuck

Scootabuck New Member

Thanks for the offer Dick and I will give it some consideration

19. Scootabuck

Scootabuck New Member

Ruger Stock

Hi Dick,

I forgot to ask you, is your stock for a tube fed or clip fed rifle?

20. Scootabuck

Scootabuck New Member

Hi Dick. Did you see the last message?