Wow!!

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by 486, Feb 22, 2014.

1. 486

486 New Member

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1393131188.656386.jpg
    I feel bad for anyone shooting a 375 H&H. And that was on sale!!!

2. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

So do I. Not for me

3. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Not a plinking round, for sure!

4. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Wow $13.00 a shot......that's crazy....

5. harrise

harrise New Member

THAT will make you look twice to make sure your eyes are right!

Well, you have to give it to them. I guess you'll never find out if someone is willing to pay over 3x the going rate if you don't ask...

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/85847

6. gwpercle

gwpercle Member

That price for 20 rounds will get you into reloading real quick! Talk about saving some bucks!

Gary

7. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Can anyone say "price gouging"?

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I fired a 375 H&H years ago along with a .458 Win Mag. I could not tell the difference because they both hurt. I fired 4 rounds of the .375 then 2 rounds of .458 and tenderly handed the 2 guns back to the owner. I asked him for what purpose he wanted such large rounds. He said the .375's were for an Alaskan brown bear hunt and the guide told him that that would be a minimum round that he would need for a big Alaskan brownie. I then asked him about the .458 and he said he had it in his head he wanted to go on an African safari and they only carry double rifles there. But he was going to take both rifles with him. Evidently money was no object at the time. I tried to roll with the recoil but there is no rolling, it's simply taking the abuse. The biggest rifle I ever had was a .338 Win Mag and I can attest after 20 rounds of firing that rifle, it's all I wanted. Firing the bigger rounds made me a total believer. But as they say, if you got the money honey, I got the time. I would be a gun bearer years ago but today I would have to push them in a wheel barrow and it wouldn't be for very long. BTW he did get his Alaskan brownie but I never knew if he ever went on safari.

Tommy

9. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I shot a .375 H&H mag.... three times. That was ALL I wanted of that thing!
    It was a long, long time ago. I don't remember it having a recoil pad, don't think it did. Ouch!

10. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

I ain't paying the price - in money or pain...