Wolff Springs and trigger job for SP101 .357 3"

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by Redleg, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Just thought I'd provide some feedback on the Wollf spring kit and the SP101 .357 trigger. I picked up a new SP101 .357 3" snubbie this year, and I really like the gun. This is a solid, heirloom-quality gun. The trigger out of the box was decent, but it was certainly stiff. I can report that after having my Smith replace the trigger and hammer springs with the Wollf kit, the trigger is really, really good. Others have reported that the SP101 lends itself well to a bit of trigger work, and they are quite right. I put 100 rounds through the gun to test it, and not a single light strike. I would recommend this approach to any SP101 owner.

[​IMG]

2. crowleypro

crowleypro New Member

Beautiful SP101. What would be the
    trigger pounds after the upgrade?
    SA improvement too or just DAO?
    Thanks,
    Steve C.

3. Redleg

Redleg New Member

I am not sure what the trigger pound pull is as I do not have a guage. Still pretty stiff but less so, and much smoother than out of the box.

4. colin1230

colin1230 New Member

I also installed the Wolff Spring Kit in my SP101 and have had similar results, no light strikes. The DA pull was smooth but very heavy, 10-12 lbs. Now I'm just guessing but I would say DA is now 6-8 lbs and SA is as light as 2 lbs. That spring kit made it one sweet revolver. Highly recommend it and it is easy enough to install. YMMV

Oh, and by the way, great pic Redleg.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  5. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Beautiful gun......great report....