wm cart training

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Aug 31, 2015.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I went to WM today and decided instead of hobbling around I would get on one of their electric shopping carts. I scared a few people and the person with me stayed clear of me also. Some black lady tried squeezing beside me and I hit the reverse by mistake and barely knocked into her. I am surprised she didn't say black lives matter. LOL I am so bad.
    Then I went to the old but not dead yet section for some vitamins and cold packs. I almost took out the vitamin counter and then backing up almost took out the cashier counter. Friend with me started recording on her phone this old fart not trained to drive a WM zoom zoom cart. I had more fun with it then trying to hobble around on my bad knee though.

2. jeeper1

jeeper1 New Member

In my local WM the carts top speed is 2.8 mph, I have paced them many times using my large mobility scooter (the one with a calibrated speedometer on it). With a little practice you be a lot less scary on them.
    My 2nd scooter, the one with the speedometer on it.
    [​IMG]
    My 3rd scooter.
    [​IMG]

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,
    I think you were just a little nervous and somewhat intimidated by using an electric cart. Next time you go, before you go, you might want to drink approximately a half a fifth of your favorite pain killer, bourbon, whiskey, vodka, something like that. That way you won't be so nervous and it might help the pain. And as far as the black lady, you should say "I am sorry, I didn't mean to hit you because all lives count". Something to let her know that you are someone who really cares. Just a suggestion is all I am making. I hope this may help you in future ventures.

Tommy

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

That '2nd scooter' is a beaut! But I don't see provision for taking a nap.

:duck:

5. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Where's the mount for your scatter gun?

6. jeeper1

jeeper1 New Member

I only have 1 scatter gun and I don't like them.
    Besides here in "fungus corners" state law forbids loaded long guns in vehicles.
    If I was to mount a firearm on to my scooter it would be my open bolt Mac 10 pistol in 9mm.
    My mac 10.
    [​IMG]

Oh, and FWIW the yellow scooter has over 7,305 miles on it since 11-8-08 I do get around on it.

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I don't think electric scooters can be ridden on Texas roads without a license plate and insurance. I know that's what the law states about golf carts anyway. The gubmint going to get theirs for sure.