Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first Ruger automatic today. In fact, it's the first automatic I've ever owned. Bunches of wheel guns, but nothing else.
Found a very lightly used SR 45. I should be able to pick it up tomorrow. I got the black on black. Soon as I get it. I'll go behind the house and try it out and post the results. I think I'm really gonna like it.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Not to mention....your BOTH old pharts.

JK

eewww .... a black violent gun..

Congrats on the new SR , :)

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
From the reports I have read they all say the SR45 is an awesome gun. WOW Your first semi-auto? I went the other way, now I have more wheel guns than semi-sutos.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tomorrow is finally the day to pick it up? Three days ended up six, due to the weekend and holiday.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Yeah I hate those weekend/holiday delays but you will be all grins when you finally get it.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Jim,

You are sooooooooo bad calling them "old pharts". Oh boy are you bad!!! You ain't far off the mark yourself bud. I guess I am going to have to show you how to open your heart like I did mine. Tower of strength, pillar of virtue, every man's hero and every woman's fantasy, my pappy was a pistol and I am a sonofa gun, high night flier and a rainbow rider. Come with me my man and let ole Tommy teach you how it all began. BUT you must keep it a secret!!! You don't tell Buster (especially) Bob, Glenn, Magnum and a few others I could say but I won't with my open heart!:Cooltu::cheesy::cryinglaugh::spot::yahoo::eek:verreact::RantOff:

Tommy

P.S. I forgot to mention humble too!!!

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Here ya go Tommy,

Now gumpy knows the truth..:waving:

Jim

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well. I believe we are humble in our own way! Some just hide it better than others!! Picked up my pistola, but only went behind the house and shot 5 rounds thru it. On Monday I had to get a biopsy done, Tuesday I had an infection set in. Been running 100°-101° fever ever since. My wife told the doctor that I'm bad off cause that's all I've shot it.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Oh Gumpy!
Get better soon! It's bad if that's all you've shot! I agree with her!
Sending you healing thoughts and prayers!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Gumpy it's just another bump in the road. But yeah only 5 shots with your new gun then you probably are not feeling well like your wife said.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts