wizardmaster and I have something in common

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by gumpy, Feb 11, 2016.

1. gumpy

gumpy New Member

I bought my first Ruger automatic today. In fact, it's the first automatic I've ever owned. Bunches of wheel guns, but nothing else.
    Found a very lightly used SR 45. I should be able to pick it up tomorrow. I got the black on black. Soon as I get it. I'll go behind the house and try it out and post the results. I think I'm really gonna like it.

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Not to mention....your BOTH old pharts.

JK

eewww .... a black violent gun..

Congrats on the new SR , :)

Jim

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

From the reports I have read they all say the SR45 is an awesome gun. WOW Your first semi-auto? I went the other way, now I have more wheel guns than semi-sutos.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  4. gumpy

gumpy New Member

Tomorrow is finally the day to pick it up? Three days ended up six, due to the weekend and holiday.

5. buster40c

Yeah I hate those weekend/holiday delays but you will be all grins when you finally get it.

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Jim,

You are sooooooooo bad calling them "old pharts". Oh boy are you bad!!! You ain't far off the mark yourself bud. I guess I am going to have to show you how to open your heart like I did mine. Tower of strength, pillar of virtue, every man's hero and every woman's fantasy, my pappy was a pistol and I am a sonofa gun, high night flier and a rainbow rider. Come with me my man and let ole Tommy teach you how it all began. BUT you must keep it a secret!!! You don't tell Buster (especially) Bob, Glenn, Magnum and a few others I could say but I won't with my open heart!:Cooltu::cheesy::cryinglaugh::spot::yahoo::eek:verreact::RantOff:

Tommy

P.S. I forgot to mention humble too!!!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Here ya go Tommy,

Now gumpy knows the truth..:waving:

[​IMG]

Jim

8. gumpy

gumpy New Member

Well. I believe we are humble in our own way! Some just hide it better than others!! Picked up my pistola, but only went behind the house and shot 5 rounds thru it. On Monday I had to get a biopsy done, Tuesday I had an infection set in. Been running 100°-101° fever ever since. My wife told the doctor that I'm bad off cause that's all I've shot it.

9. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Oh Gumpy!
    Get better soon! It's bad if that's all you've shot! I agree with her!
    Sending you healing thoughts and prayers!

10. gumpy

gumpy New Member

Thanks RR. I need all the prayers I can get.

11. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Get better Gumpy!!!! There is still a lot of shooting to do!!!! Best of luck!!

Tommy

12. buster40c

Gumpy it's just another bump in the road. But yeah only 5 shots with your new gun then you probably are not feeling well like your wife said.