Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone placed the Williams Fire Sights on their SR 1911 series? I have the LW CMD model and was considering it. I do great with the stock sights and I hate to mess with a good thing, but I am a fan of fiber optic sights.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I have thought about changing the sighs on 2 of my SR1911's however I have chose to stay with the stock sights. I am comfortable with them. Now if I were 20-25 years younger, I probably change at least 1 over in a heartbeat. However these eyes are old along with the rest of my body and the eyesight isn't there like it used to be. Should you change your sights, would you please post a pic and let us know how you feel about them? I am anxious to know. Thanks for the question.

Tommy

·
Registered
100 Posts
Can't get tight groups with fiber-opitc sights. All glare, and no precision.
I have tried, and and ended up painting them black.
If all I used a gun for was self defense and close range shooting they might work fine, but for plinking and shooting at a long distance, not for me.
One of my guns is a 22 SP101, Ruger, and until I made the front sight black, no tight groups.
Just me,,,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't get tight groups with fiber-opitc sights. All glare, and no precision.

I have tried, and and ended up painting them black.

If all I used a gun for was self defense and close range shooting they might work fine, but for plinking and shooting at a long distance, not for me.

One of my guns is a 22 SP101, Ruger, and until I made the front sight black, no tight groups.

Just me,,,

Thanks for the input. I think for now I'll stick with what I know works, and that's the stock sites.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts