Williams fiber optics

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by ArizonaHeat, Jun 28, 2013.

1. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Just bought and installed a set of Williams fiber optic sights of shopruger. Went to the range really quick to get them dialed in before my IDPA classifier tomorrow morning. They have a windage and elevation adjustable rear sight. Well actually it's an insert that fits into the stock rear sight base.

Got them lined up straight, shoot nice tight groups. Only problem is they are 3 inches low at 7 yards and I don't have any more range to the elevation adjustment. Just going to have to repeat the mantra aim high for now.

The front sight post is ridiculously tall as you can see in the photo.

Guess my quest for a set I'm happy with continues, eyeballing the Novak fiber optics next, probably should have just went with them in the first place but they are twice as much as these. Tried to be cost effective and it didn't work out.

Attached Files:

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Good looking sights...but I agree....the Novak sights are the way to go....

3. falconbobb

falconbobb New Member

maybe they sent you the wrong sites. i have a set i installed on an LC9 and they are very accurate. i did have one come loose the other day, called them and they sent me all new optics. good customer service

4. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

The number on the packaging is the correct product number for the SR series. So unless Williams packaged it wrong, seeing as it fits in the front sight dovetail and rear sight base perfectly would lead me to assume they are the correct ones.

Would be happy with them if I could point of aim and point of impact to align. Thought the having windage and elevation adjustments were a big plus. Was one of the factors I tried these before the Novaks. The fibers are blindingly bright in the AZ sun which is nice, very easy to pick them up and get them aligned to each other.

5. atote

atote New Member

My factory front sight is pinned. Does the Williams front fire sight need to be pinned?
    By the looks of the pictures on rugers web site there is not a hole to pin the sight.
    Has any one installed them on a previously pinned slide ?

Thanks
    Mike