Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Methinks that because RUGER has "only" a 20 round RUGER 57 pistol magazine to offer for any new 5.7 x 28 PC carbine is why we have not seen a PC carbine in this cartridge. Twenty rounds to most future PC purchasers is sort of a deal breaker for those used to 30+ round GLOCK magazines. But hey, CMMG offers their aR style 5.7 carbine with "only" 20 round magazines so who knows, maybe RUGER will also.
As innovative as they are the 50 round FN P90/PS90 magazines are not meant to be use other than in a horizontal position, as the new KelTec "pistol" has shown.

But RUGER just might produce a 30 round magazine for a new 5.7 x 28 PC carbine. That would mean it could also be used in the RUGER 57 pistol. Oooooo, "badassery"!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I Don't think ruger is going to introduce new firearms in calibers that ammo is not available for, or cost $1.00 or more for plinking ammo. That's not the demographic that has made them a fortune.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well RUGER did make that RUGER 57 pistol (which I have) so I thought they may make a carbine version.
Since RUGER is now so damn big I would not be surprised if they bought themselves an ammunition company.

But yeah, you're keerect, my last box of 50 rounds cost me $50. I HATE shooting dollar bills.
I have about 1,000 rounds of the "cheap" $30. a box 5.7 ammo left. Not gonna shoot it until prices come down - or there is a zombie apocalypse.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just feel fortunate if you don't have a rifle chambered in 32 winchester special, 35 Remington, or 30 carbine.
Well, .30 carbine (as in M1 Carbine) might not be too bad as there are supplies to be had. Plus it's a fun little carbine that's definitely more powerful than a 9 mm carbine.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well, .30 carbine (as in M1 Carbine) might not be too bad as there are supplies to be had. Plus it's a fun little carbine that's definitely more powerful than a 9 mm carbine.
It's true that alot of carbine owners have hoarded up a good supply of ammo. But if your a new owner, good luck finding a box or two at your local dealer. And the big-box stores never have it. A very few online places have it at $1.00 per round. I can buy 3 rounds of 7.62x39 for that!
I'll pass on carbine ammo for now.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear you at $1. per round. Last month I paid $50. for 50 rounds of 5.7 x 28 (PS90 ammo) and "shooting dollar bills" takes a lot of fun out of it. I guess I'll just keep my PS90 carbine and RUGER 57 pistol in the safe for a long while.

At last I have my 9 mm RUGER PC chassis carbine and about 1,500 rounds. I'm getting into Steel Challenge competition with that carbine and pray the price of 9 mm does not go up. 🙏

1 - 7 of 7 Posts