Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a lot of forums and on Youtube. You find fans of many different gun MFRs. I respect the rep that Glock has. I wouldn't mind having one added to my collection (of ONE). And I get the belief that High Dollar means ultimate quality. I am just not that interested in owning a Sig or HK. In that middle price range I find Ruger, Smith & Wesson and Springfield well suited for the American masses. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/26/guns-at-a-glance-the-top-commercial-firearms-makers-in-america/

Interesting article. I like the fact that Ruger owns the major share of gun sales in the last decade or two. So far I have fired approx 700-800 rounds through my SR40C. I have had maybe 3-4 stovepipes. Glock and M&P fans say "That doesn't happen with our gun!" I don't have anything major going wrong with my SR40C. I understand Ruger customer service is better than most.. I basically love my Ruger. Someday I'd like to own the SR9C (But to be honest I will also shop other brands just to see what's out there.

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to thank my friend MrFats123 (Who is a Ruger Fan) It was he who introduced me to shooting. Our first outing it was a Charter Arms 38, Ruger LCP, Ruger SR9C, And the Ruger SR40C. Which at first gave me some recoil and muzzle rise, but with his direction I got it under control, and was getting some pretty good groupings. He thought I would like the 9mm better, but I felt the 40 was really a rush to shoot. So in the next few weeks I purchased my first gun ever.

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Breaking in my brand new (1st day) 3Speed deep conceal holster (Gun unloaded and safety checked). According to their website takes about 1 week to soften up and conform to gun and magazine. Right now i am wearing it just above the beltline. Seated at computer for last hour, feels prettty comfortable.

Attachments

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I like the fact that Ruger does keep up with engineering advances. I like the added safety features of theSR40c, and if Glock was the first to use them, then Kudos to Ruger for adapting them to their design. I have shot an older Glock 17 or 19 (I forget) it had a real nice trigger, but didn't feel comfortable in my hand. (The reset on the Glock trigger was real nice, wish the Ruger was as loud and pronounced, But in time I will learn exactly where the Ruger trigger breaks). being a new shooter the safeties are great. And the fact that when the magazine is out and you can't fire the round in chamber (Still nothing beats awareness) is a great idea(for me). To me the Ruger was the best value for my dollar. It reminds me of my FORD TAURUS. had it for about 11 years, had over 180,000 miles on it when my grown daughter wrecked it in the rain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.