Why I don't own a Glock

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by kde71450, Apr 27, 2013.

1. kde71450

kde71450 New Member

I love my Ruger SR40c (have to get that out of the way)
    I like some features that Glock has. i like the interchangeability of their mags into any model of same caliber. I like their very pronounced reset. I don't like their feel in my hand. (the Ruger beats them in that by far). I appreciate the Ruger safety trigger (Very Glock like). But in the same sense that's all the safety you get with a Glock. It's not a definitive Bad vs Good. its a matter of personnel choice. They say safety is a mental exercise. The gun instructor i had side works as a personnel body guard, so a manual safety obviously slows him down. I also believe Glocks not very forgiving. They are finicky, and maybe a bit too unforgiving to a novice. maybe sometime time in the future, I'll change my mind. Right now price wise , quality wise ill stick with Ruger & Smith & Wesson (in that order).

2. dutchs

dutchs New Member Lifetime Supporter

I have Ruger, Glock and Springfield, I like them all for various reasons for each. Isn't this a great country where we can all make these choices!!!! Ohhhh. I went S&W with my AR......sweet!

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

3. kde71450

kde71450 New Member

Yes it is sweet "Freedom Of Choice' and let the market place rule.

4. tater

tater New Member

I have 1 Glock wish I had my money instead.

5. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I've never even tried a Glock :eek:.

6. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I love my Glock, I swear by them :)

7. havasu

havasu In the army now..

What's a Glock? ;)

8. tater

tater New Member

A over rated hunk of black plastic made in a country other than the USA:D

9. LCR-lover

LCR-lover Member

I had a Glock 21 for 5 or 6 years and sold it, just never could bond with it.

10. LT2108

You tell me ;)

11. kde71450

kde71450 New Member

I had a bit more sympathy here than in the other forum i posted this in. My brother-in-law (retired Police Captain) his service gun was a Colt Python .357 Magnum. (He liked the stopping power of the .357 mag). he told me if he would ever get a semi auto, It would be a Sig Sauer. he did not like Glocks. Its not a matter of hate with me. Next time i go shooting with my friend, I will ask him to bring his 90's Glock with us. I just think being so new, I have heard stories of mishaps with Glocks. I am a very utilitarian type of person. What looks HIP or COOL isn't my thing. It's what works for me. I view Ruger as the Everyman's (Or women) gun. There is a balance between quality and price. at $399.00 for my SR40C, that puts the gun in a category that says the 2nd Amendment isn't just for the RICH. believe me if you can afford a &5K-$6K custom handgun, believe me you show me one of those and i'll give OOHS & AAHS all day long (it's like you are driving your family sedan or SUV and a Ferrari passes you, and a big smile comes to your face) .

12. kde71450

kde71450 New Member

If i ever hit Lotto, I would buy one of everything Ruger makes (Except the LCR, that i would buy in every caliber made... it does look sooo cool, and that 22LR version bets its a blast to shoot, and cheap to shoot also). then i would add the M&P40c and the Springfield Xd-S. just to mix the collection up a bit.

13. LT2108

Could not of said it better myself, Dutchs !!

14. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Ruger, S&W, CZ, Sig, Glock, Colt, it's all good. When it comes to firearms, I'm "Pro Choice".

15. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

Parent company is not in the US, but they are made in the USA now.

16. tater

tater New Member

When did this happen?:confused:

17. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

Assembly has been happening in Smyrna, GA for years, but now they are doing fabrication in GA too and the slides/frames are now marked made in USA instead of Austria.

18. Rking1550

Rking1550 New Member

19. MikeInVegas

MikeInVegas New Member

You know, I've got nothing against a Glock per se...but I've shot them in the past and just didn't think they felt right in my hand. Lots of guys I know love 'em. Me, not so much.

20. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Don't own one. Can't remember if I ever fired one. Well.....I do have what I call my "Po' man's Glock." a SW40VE or Sigma.