Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been watching you tube and TV and reading about wheel guns still holding strong as a good CCW.. There not a dinosaur just yet & what do u all think about carrying one & why u choose it ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well I know the hammer/action is a good safety. A revolver will always shoot...no jams to worry about. Easy to use, easy to clean. Great guns, if it works for you use it. Just my 2 cents.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Well I know the hammer/action is a good safety. A revolver will always shoot...no jams to worry about. Easy to use, easy to clean. Great guns, if it works for you use it. Just my 2 cents.
^^ This^^
and if you pull the trigger, and it dont go bang, pull it again.;)

Ive never had a jam with my Bulldog .44 .

Also you can get them very light and tiny these days.

Jim

·
Registered
436 Posts
My preferred carry is a SP101. Just a meager 5 shots of .357 magnum or .38 special. Have never felt it was inadequate or felt I'd be "under gunned". Why? It works - period. Too many worry about capacity first. They put all the emphasis on capacity and then use fashion as a means of deciding on the gun itself. If they put as much emphasis on GOOD training and improving their ability, they'd understand that capacity gets trumped by shot placement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts