Why do revolvers still do good for a CCW

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Blaze, May 24, 2013.

1. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

I been watching you tube and TV and reading about wheel guns still holding strong as a good CCW.. There not a dinosaur just yet & what do u all think about carrying one & why u choose it ?

2. krss144

krss144 New Member

Well I know the hammer/action is a good safety. A revolver will always shoot...no jams to worry about. Easy to use, easy to clean. Great guns, if it works for you use it. Just my 2 cents.

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

^^ This^^
    and if you pull the trigger, and it dont go bang, pull it again.;)

Ive never had a jam with my Bulldog .44 .

Also you can get them very light and tiny these days.

Jim

4. justin626

justin626 New Member

I couldn't imagine revolvers dying out too much. There just to fun, easy, and serve some completely separate purposes.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  5. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

They nailed it, revolver don't jam. That's why I like and carry them (when I have the stupid ammo).

6. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

My preferred carry is a SP101. Just a meager 5 shots of .357 magnum or .38 special. Have never felt it was inadequate or felt I'd be "under gunned". Why? It works - period. Too many worry about capacity first. They put all the emphasis on capacity and then use fashion as a means of deciding on the gun itself. If they put as much emphasis on GOOD training and improving their ability, they'd understand that capacity gets trumped by shot placement.