Who still watchs TV?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Railbuggy, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Railbuggy

Railbuggy Oath Keeper

I think it was 2003 when I quit TV watching and switched to internet watching. Got my first desk top PC in 1996 and used the free KMART software as my ISP using dial up service. I switched to Cincinnati Bell DSL about two years later. Around 2006 I found out that the new affordable LCD TVs could be hooked up to PCs and used as a monitor. My first was a 27" Westinghouse
    followed in a few years by a 32" Samsung I picked up at a pawn shop for $200 out the door. I think I went with Time Warner cable around 2010 because of greater speed for the same price. Still with them after they tried to raise my rates for the second time. They were wanting to bump me to $48 a month. I called to cancel saying I would not pay that much and they took me back to the intro price of $39.95 that I started with. I'm running about
    10.0 mbps download and about .97 mbps upload. I got put on disability around 1/1/2010 after getting severe COPD and having a heart attack and getting a triple bypass done on 10/14/2009. Thanks VA.I was 56 and unemployed when this hit. There are plenty of free movies and documentaries
    to be found on the net. I am a addict as I spend over 12hrs a day on my PC.

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I picked up a ROKU this year, hooked it up, lowered my Dish package, and watch movies on ROKU.

Only Satelite stuff I watch is News, and Saturday morning westerns.:D

Jim

3. havasu

havasu In the army now..

My girlfriend's kids also shut down all TV abilities and now use whatever source they find on the web. For me, it is too much work and I am just use to turning on the TV and flipping channels.

4. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

No way I'm watching a tiny screen ...

The feeling of sitting back in my recliner with my beverage of choice next to me while watching a game are movie on the 70"TV on the wall is relaxing.. I wouldn't trade it for nothing

5. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Blaze, I'm with you on this. Don't forget the surround sound!

6. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Oh yes with the sound so good that when top gun is playing the jet engines feel just like there beside you ...

7. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I've never tried watching anything on the web,it's always been TV (now satellite) but other than Sports or News it's usually reruns of a series or an older movie.

8. scottl

scottl Member

Got a 48" Smart TV with VUDU and Netflix plus Dish Network.

9. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

i watch it and love it.

I hate my service provider, but I love my TV.