Who said rainy days aren't worthwhile.

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by yooper, Jun 1, 2013.

1. yooper

yooper New Member

Woke up to T-storms this morning.I remembered that I delivered a load of new guns to my local sporting goods store( I work for one of the "big two" delivery companies...)yesterday,so I thought I'd go down and bust my store owners' chops a bit. Low and behold in his showcase,was a lonely SR22! I've been seriously considering one of these to add to my Ruger collection and therer it was! The price was right and out the door i went with it in hand.
    A quick stop at Wally world because my buddy was out of 22 ammo at his store,and I was able to get some CCIs.
    This thing was a snap to take apart and clean1 I have the MKIII 22/45,and as you all know,you have to have an engineering PHD to take that thing apart. Ruger has done a masterful job on the SR22 in that department.
    Out to the back forty I go! Meanwhile,If anyone can chime in their two cents worth on these little 22's,I'd like to hear from you.

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Awesome.....congrats on the SR22.....super nice guns. My friend at work has one and I got to shoot it......loved it. I know what your saying about breaking down the 22/45....I still have to watch the video on Ruger's web site......lol

3. DonnieD

DonnieD New Member

Really nice gun, feels like a compact 9mm. Lots of fun to shoot, I think you'll really like it. Don

4. LCR-lover

LCR-lover Member

I love my SR22 I shoot it more than my mk111.

5. jlr2267

jlr2267 New Member

Ok, I believed you right up until the part where you bought CCI 22LR at Walmart. Haha, almost got me.

6. Rking1550

Rking1550 New Member

I had a sr22. Real nice piece. Sold it to buy a 22/45 lite which I like even more.

7. yooper

yooper New Member

Thanks Fellas.
    Seriously JIR,I could not believe it as well. Walmart actually had 22's!

8. jetspeed8

jetspeed8 New Member

You will like the SR22. Try one with a can on it....