Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new to the forum. I just ordered a maxtuck Iwb holster today for my SR45 from white hat holsters. I was wondering if anyone has one or a similar style in a different brand? I've done a lot of research on them and I've heard they are very comfortable but I was wondering how comfortable they were while sitting down or while driving. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are all I have. The pic of the plate is the first mag fed through. The first 2 to the right were a bit of a surprise. I thought it shot pretty good right out of the case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
White Hat holsters are awesome. Their customer service is great too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Ruger Forum mobile app

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my Iwb maxtuck from white hat holsters today. It fit my sr45 good but when I tried to pull the gun from the holster the front sight got caught on the kydex. I was able to fix it by covering most of the kydex with a wet rag except for the bottom front edge and then I heated it with a hair dryer. Then I took a pair of pliers and slightly bent the edge out and waited for the kydex to cool down. Now it works perfectly. It's pretty comfortable while sitting and driving. It squeaks a little while walking and moving but I bet a little saddle soap will cure that. I also purchased an owb mag holder. I don't really care for it. The kydex piece is fairly shallow. I'm afraid The magazine might come out especially if I had run or move quickly. Also the belt loop on my jeans prevents me from wearing it where I want it, but that is a problem with the jeans not the mag holder. I hate to sound like I'm complaining. Please don't think I'm bashing white hat holsters. Over all I'm happy with my purchase. I just wanted to give other sr45 owners a little info and to let them know that their front sight might get caught on the kydex. It's a fairly easy fix but it might be avoided altogether by calling white hat before you order and ask if they can allow a little extra room for the front sight. I'm not sure but it won't hurt to try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts