White hat holsters opinions

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by RGSR45, Aug 14, 2013.

1. RGSR45

RGSR45 New Member

I'm new to the forum. I just ordered a maxtuck Iwb holster today for my SR45 from white hat holsters. I was wondering if anyone has one or a similar style in a different brand? I've done a lot of research on them and I've heard they are very comfortable but I was wondering how comfortable they were while sitting down or while driving. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  2. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Thread moved to proper sub forum Holsters and Cases

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the RugerTalk Forum RG !!

4. RGSR45

RGSR45 New Member

Thank you.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Got any pics of that SR45...?

6. RGSR45

RGSR45 New Member

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1376520263.453418.jpg ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1376520316.899732.jpg

7. RGSR45

RGSR45 New Member

These are all I have. The pic of the plate is the first mag fed through. The first 2 to the right were a bit of a surprise. I thought it shot pretty good right out of the case.

8. Roman45ACP

Roman45ACP New Member

White Hat holsters are awesome. Their customer service is great too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Ruger Forum mobile app

9. RGSR45

RGSR45 New Member

I got my Iwb maxtuck from white hat holsters today. It fit my sr45 good but when I tried to pull the gun from the holster the front sight got caught on the kydex. I was able to fix it by covering most of the kydex with a wet rag except for the bottom front edge and then I heated it with a hair dryer. Then I took a pair of pliers and slightly bent the edge out and waited for the kydex to cool down. Now it works perfectly. It's pretty comfortable while sitting and driving. It squeaks a little while walking and moving but I bet a little saddle soap will cure that. I also purchased an owb mag holder. I don't really care for it. The kydex piece is fairly shallow. I'm afraid The magazine might come out especially if I had run or move quickly. Also the belt loop on my jeans prevents me from wearing it where I want it, but that is a problem with the jeans not the mag holder. I hate to sound like I'm complaining. Please don't think I'm bashing white hat holsters. Over all I'm happy with my purchase. I just wanted to give other sr45 owners a little info and to let them know that their front sight might get caught on the kydex. It's a fairly easy fix but it might be avoided altogether by calling white hat before you order and ask if they can allow a little extra room for the front sight. I'm not sure but it won't hurt to try.