Ruger Talk Forums banner

81 - 81 of 81 Posts

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
My first Ruger was a Mark 1 which I traded many years ago and then went with a couple of Mark 2 heavy barrels. I also had quite a few High Standards, of which I wish I had never gotten rid of. Presently the only revolvers I have is a .22 S&W Model 17 which they only made 2 years but it has a target trigger and target sights. It's a good shooter whenever I can find .22 ammo. Rare out here. The other pistol is a GP100 that I bought when they first came out and it's a shooter. I must admit though I have never shot it much. It sits on my bench next to my recliner. But lately I have the hots for a Ruger Vaquero in stainless steel .357 mag. For some reason I love the cowboy guns. I have heard they shoot well and many of the cowboy shoots, Ruger's rule the roost. Course if I ever got the pistol, then I would have to have a John Wayne holster with bullet holders and tie down and there goes another couple of hundred bucks. Of course this would just be a plinker for me. Load up some .38's for plinking and then for defense use .357's. I can only wish. Oh well, that's what dreams are made of.
Tommy

81 - 81 of 81 Posts