Ruger Talk Forums banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got a couple of Blackhawk Single-Six .357's I love. One is stainless and the other is blued. The stainless was the first revolver I ever bought, many many years ago. They are some really fine guns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've owned a number of Ruger's revolvers over the years and carried a .41 Blackhawk for backcountry work outside Yellowstone. My first experience was with a .357 Security Six and have been a diehard fan of Ruger since.

Myself, I like the Blackhawk and would probably start with .38/.357. It's a great caliber and a hoot to reload. I currently own a .44 Special Flattop that my 17-year-old son loves to shoot - he'll probably end up with it one of these days and I'll go back to the .357.

I also picked up a Bearcat on a whim last year. What a great little shooter! It's a little fussy on ammo, but an accurate little gun!

·
Registered
285 Posts
The GP100 would be my choice; either 4" or 6". My GP100 6" is a tack driver, besides being a very sharp-looking firearm to own.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm wanting the match champion.
I am wanting to check out the Match Champion. I am a little unhappy that the Match Champion abandoned Ruger's excellent spring-loaded front sight attachment system on the standard GP, that makes it so easy to swap front sights. But maybe I will come to love the MC for other attributes. Great to see Ruger bringing out new models of the Classic GP100.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
The Match Champion and a SP101 22 are next for me.....

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Great idea.....getting into some wheel guns.....lol

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I like my LCR 357. It fits in my front pocket and has a lot of punch to be serious. I like the safety of it with the awesome smooth pull trigger. No snag coming out of pocket and it is ready for business without any question.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The GP100 would be my choice; either 4" or 6". My GP100 6" is a tack driver, besides being a very sharp-looking firearm to own.

i have one just like that. they are good shooters and look great. i allso have the super redhawk 44mag thats a blast to shoot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My Rugers are single actions.
Single Six's - 2
Old Model 357 Flat Top
New Model Blackhawk 45 Convertible
New Model Super Blackhawk.

If I wasn't already so heavily invested in other firearms I would love to have a Ruger 357 double action.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I lean towards the 3" GP100 and SP101 models, since personal and home defense is the intended use. A Security-Six was my first revolver. All are .357's, because it's nice to have the option of using pup 38 loads or full house magnum stuff.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 81 Posts