Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a Ruger 10/22 with OEM synthetic stock and stainless barrel. I have my mind set on a Harris bipod although I know there are good bipods for less. I definitely have my mind set on Harris. Looking for input from those with similar setup.
Two questions: Which bipod model including leg length?
What are my options regarding which adaptor to get? (prefer it be detachable if possible)
What are the advantages and disadvantages of various setups?
I will be shooting both prone and bench.
Any input would be appreciated

Thanks in advance,
Wizzzard

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have owned several none Harris bipods and I really like this one.

http://www.amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Spo...=1455129613&sr=8-3&keywords=blackhawk+bipod+6

After using one for a year I ordered another one, for one of my builds.

NOTE:
I also have a Harris 6-9 pivot on my Rock River ATH AR and I think the Blackhawk is made just as tuff.

On my Harris I had to buy the locking level to replace the locking knob. I could never tighten it enough with my fingers. It added another $15 dollars to the $100 bipod.

A 22 rifle does not any recoil and just about any cheap bipod will do but the Blackhawk pivot is a great buy.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Have the standard Harris I use for my #1's occasionally but also have a number of the Harris copies sold at ShopRuger. They work equally as good and have had zero issues with them. The weight of the 10/22 is such that that isn't a concern, not would it be for one of the #1's really. The fashionable name isn't always necessarily the best choice. ;) They're attached by the swivel stud as is the Harris and allow quick and easy removal. Have also used with equal success a good showing bag as well. Just another option.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered mine last week should be here this week , mine is 6/9" I also have the sling stud adapter coming for my synthetic stock, Sooooooooo many cool things to add to the 10/22, Only had my a week and it adding up fast lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts