Which 22/45 hammer bushing?

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by Modeler, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Modeler

Modeler New Member

2. KMO

KMO Northern Arizona

+1 for Sam Lam's bushing...great guy (for a Canadian), great product... ;)

3. checcles

checcles New Member

I have owned and thoroughly tested all of the 3 main bushings. They all work the exact same and none are better than the others in terms of functionality. I think the BAM and TK ones are machined a bit cleaner and prefer either of those bushings because they are Made in the USA.. I'll be the first to admit that I haven't seen nor tried the second ebay link the OP posted of that little attachment piece that goes on the stock bushing.

The Tandemkross bushings go on crazy sales here and there and they have great combo deals on their website (like this one with their LCI filler https://www.tandemkross.com/Mark-III-and-2245-Basic-Upgrade-Kit-Combo_p_34.html). BAM sells a good looking charging handle on his website as well. I haven't tried it out yet however but from the pictures it looks really well made and thought out.

4. JimA

JimA Member

I have used a BAM bushing in 2 22/45s. They work great. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

5. checcles

checcles New Member

Sam's bushings work, I never said they didn't. You should know, you're a dealer for him and hence your bias. ;) And his offereing of custom making a bushing to a specific hammer is wonderful.

All I'm saying is that I rather support a US company, that's all. TK's are cheaper and would get to my front door quicker. BAM and TK have websites that make ordering easy.

Bullseye had the original working design and everyone else copied that because he gave them the go ahead. He just didn't mass produce them. I'm sick of all the "original" talk because I doubt you're hiding behind an "original" apple computer to start your arguments on the internet that so many people are sick of. Hence exhibit A: http://www.saronagunworks.com/ . Times change, and different options/products come out. Its a Ford vs Chevy argument that doesn't have a real winner but the customer's option and choice.

50 bushings huh? Let me tell you something about the market if you haven't already figured it out already: TK sells them by the 1000's. BAM sells them by the 100's. And you apparently sell them by the 10's. If you ever did the higher numbers with your Sam Lam bushings then you would have more customer complaints as well. Average Joe shooters aren't gunsmiths like yourself. Lots don't know how to install these even with proper videos and such. All of those "long" bushings that you were referring to by either BAM or TK came back as user installation error. One guy installed it on the wrong side of the hammer. Of course that doesn't work. Luckily BAM and TK offer Skype support and are willing to walk people through the installation if they need help.

6. judgecrater

judgecrater New Member

TK for me.

I have used the TK and it works just fine.

7. Schroedinger

Schroedinger New Member

just curious what the print tolerance is for the bushing hole on the Ruger hammer. 0.0005" is the difference between two steel parts press-fitting nicely, or not fitting at all.

8. paulkalman

paulkalman Member

I used a tandemkross bushing, no failures and evry shot on a 6" bull at 25 yards. no problems so far.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  9. checcles

checcles New Member

I rotate through various hammer bushing (I have all 3) and can't notice a different in trigger pull or accuracy. They all 3 work just as described. Don't listen to SGW, he's a dealer for Sam's bushing and he hates TK because they are taking sales from him. He thinks that I'm a "cousin" of them, when in fact I'm not nor ever met them. I have no financial connection if one of their bushings sells unlike whatever he'll post lies about.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  10. GeraldMD

GeraldMD New Member

I've installed Volquartsen triggers and sears and TandemKross bushings with complete satisfaction in a 22/45 Lite and a 22/45 RP, I'm sure the other gentlemen's products are good also but I've seen no problem with these.

11. GeraldMD

GeraldMD New Member

Well Dennis Woods calling me by my middle name doesn't change the facts and the fabrications you pass off as fact doesn't change anything either, doubt there is any company the size of Tandemkross makes everything they sell. Don't recall them saying they manufacture everything themselves. As to my MostlyRimfire.com blog, I get more hits in a week than your Facebook joke of a website does in six months, that must just eat you up bubba.:) Have a good day Dennis, I do every day.;)

12. GeraldMD

GeraldMD New Member

Just a reminder to everyone, Dennis has a financial interest in the two bushings he's touting, TandemKross is kicking their butts in sales, whose the unbiased party here, I don't get a dime from anyone in this race, never have despite what Dennis would have you believe.:)

13. paulkalman

paulkalman Member

ditto, I too have had zero problems with TandemKross bushing, I used to work for one of the worlds largest corporations. With few exceptions, they manufacture very little, most products come from OEM's. I don't care who makes the stuff, only that it works.
    Lastly, I am an old boy on blood thinners, don't want to get in the middle of an disagreement between vendors, the only thing I manufacture is gas and I can't even give that away.
    :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  14. paulkalman

paulkalman Member

thanks for the clarification, mine does what I expected it to do, it was easily installed even by someone with no gunsmithing experience, the instructions were clear as a bell, the product was not charged until shipped and arrived on time and with no damage or defects. that is all that I as a consumer can expect. You too have given me expert help (the mag issue) and it is the kind of customer service we used to get here in the USA without thinking we would get anything else. I appreciate quality work wherever I find it.