I am looking at purchasing a 1911. I have narrowed it down to either

Sig sauer spartan .45 acp

Or

Springfield armory range officer .45 acp

Any thoughts or help is appreciated

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
I recommend the colt combat elite, xse models or gold cup... 1st choice every time for me... ( colt holds value incredibly)

Springfield loaded models or the RO

Sig spartan, scorpion or nightmare

Ruger sr1911 for sure if your on a budget or just a Ruger fan. Very good gun for the price ...

Davìd

·
Registered
547 Posts
On a budget I picked a Remington R1 on GunBroker. A great price even with transfer etc, plus I'm a big Remington Long gun fan. So why not try their pistol. I have a buddy with a Colt Commander and he loves it, his carry,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok.... Thanks for the input. But I have it narrowed down to the 2 listed above. I need help with those 2.....

·
Registered
907 Posts
For me, the Sig Spartan wins, hands down. It's more exclusive and, if you're planning to carry it, it's ready to roll. The RO is a sweet 1911, but the Sig just speaks to me.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
The RO is the most accurate ,outta the box, handgun I have ever shot.
My Sig Ultra is very accuarate also, but with a shorter barrel, is not as accurate at longer distance, but it carries nicely.

I dont think you would go wrong with either of your choices.

Jim

·
Banned
2,847 Posts
I have both the RO and the Spartan. The RO is a better, smoother shooter than the Sig Spartan. The Sig is a good shooter and has the cool factor that the RO does not have. So, I suggest you do as I did and get both. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think it depends a lot on what you want to use the gun for.
As a match gun, I think I would go with the RO. As may be evident from my avatar, I have spent a lot of time shooting the 45. I have gone thru a number of custom .45's over the years but I believe that the RO is a good as any of them out of the box.
I only shoot for pleasure today as these old hands are crippled with Arthritis and the eyes don't see as well as they use to but I can still enjoy shooting my RO and it is a hole lot more accurate than I can hold!!!!

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I think it depends a lot on what you want to use the gun for.
As a match gun, I think I would go with the RO. As may be evident from my avatar, I have spent a lot of time shooting the 45. I have gone thru a number of custom .45's over the years but I believe that the RO is a good as any of them out of the box.
I only shoot for pleasure today as these old hands are crippled with Arthritis and the eyes don't see as well as they use to but I can still enjoy shooting my RO and it is a hole lot more accurate than I can hold!!!!
Hey Bud,

I agree on the RO.
got one last year, and said then, that it was the most accurate outta the box, I ever shot.
Yep, even with my crippled OLD hands and eyes.;):)

Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts