where does the thingy go?

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by marcinstl, May 11, 2015.

1. marcinstl

marcinstl New Member

taking apart a Ruger Single Seven, or any of the SA revolvers is easy. reassembly, not so easy.
    there's got to be some tricks there that I just haven't figured out yet. some day it will shoot again, or I'll be selling a box of parts. hehehehe.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I hear ya on the box of parts for sale. LOL I thought the same thing when first time I took my MKII apart. You have to hold your tongue just right to get the thingy parts to line up and go back together. Yep having extra parts left over will usually mean it will not go bang as it should.

Look at your manual parts list or if you don't have one then check Ruger for parts list. I think Ruger even has a video on most of their guns.

Last edited: May 11, 2015

3. brushunter

brushunter New Member

Just the other day I changed springs in an SP-101. As I was replacing the "trigger guard Latch spring" the pin fell (unknown to me ) out that holds the trigger assembly together , everything just fell out in a pile ....said to myself ..remain calm , I can do this :). Another good source of schematics is Brownelles. I found the trigger group schematic , enlarged it and printed it out. Really helps.

regards , Brushunter

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I read into that. I thought you decided to remain calm by making brownies. LOL I know what you felt. I started getting flustered with my MKII and how stupid I would feel taking a box of gun parts to the gun smith and he put it together in less than a minute. That will be $30 thank you for your business.
    I tell ya you just have to hold your tongue just right and if you feel something isn't right then stop and take a break. You might notice a piece sitting there on the bench all lonesome.
    I have to say I love the internet and I don't know how the world went around without it.

5. marcinstl

marcinstl New Member

coffee, eye drops, patience and persistence will win out over old age, clumsy, dyslexia, ADD. with the help of good lighting, magnification, decent tools you can be a kitchen table gunsmith. read the words, look at the pictures(even when the pictures are not in the right order!) and by and by it will all become clear and the gun will work again. do not take Rugers name in vain(to much) and try not to hate the tiny springs and plungers or screws with plunger ends that can go in the wrong hole. have fun.

6. brushunter

brushunter New Member

LOL , not only do I drop/misplace/lose gun parts ....can't spell either !

Brownells ...........yep , that looks better.:D