Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
As one who taught environmental studies for 20 years in a Pennsylvania high school I can tell you that METHANE ("natural gas") is 80 (EIGHTY) times more effective as a greenhouse gas than an equal volume of CO2.
The "They" you mention in your subject header are climatologists who understand climate change on not only a granular level but on a global level.
Natural gas companies have lobbied for decades for legislation that will ensure their continued sales. BUT the millions of points of leakage in say, my town of Las Vegas, NV, multiplied by all our cities and towns adds up to TRILLIONS of point of small leakages. And that's just unintended leakages, not to mention the huge leakages from thousands of oil fields and pipelines. And then there are those who even want far more polluting coal-fired power plants to continue. Those people are beyond any reasoning. Sad.

Yeah, give restaurants a break and let them have gas stoves (not ovens, electric "air frier" ovens are far more efficient and controllable). BUT, no more gas ovens/ranges in residential settings.

Finally, in the mid '90s when I first began teaching about climate change, the predictions of climatologists, using the best CRAY supercomputer simulations, said what iw happening NOW should not happen until around 2050 at the earliest! So gentle readers, we are far more screwed than we thought. Climate change is increasing exponentially. POLITICAL BIAS SHOULD NEVER STAND IN THE WAY OF MAKING GOOD CLIMATE DECISIONS BASED ON SCIENCE. (Unless, of course you are a member of the bat___t crazy Q-ANON.)

· Registered
218 Posts
It is WE THE CITIZENS who mitigate climate change by how we use energy and what kind of energy we use. WITH government help, just like the Corps of Army Engineers dredges harbors, builds levees and does other flood mitigation projects, we can greatly mitigate hoe much climate change we get. Ya gotta get over that old Ronnie Regan bit about the government being the enemy.
Look Sonny, I'm 79 and i have SEEN the climate change just in my lifetime. We must act now. Politicians have kicked this can WAAAY too far down the road and now we have the bad results of little to no action. More and more severe hurricanes, tornados, droughts and wildfires WORLDWIDE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts