When it rains it pours.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Dec 11, 2015.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Old saying and it sure has been that way for me recently.
    Two weeks ago my power meter pole fell which all had to be updated and replaced.
    Today my well wasn't pumping. Had power but no pump action. Replaced capacitor, pressure bleeder, inlet air valve, and main power contact controller. I am guessing around $500. He is sending me the bill. Thank God my pump wasn't bad. He said R&R the pump would be around $2 grand.

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Well, Buster look on the bright side...

everything will be new, and you will be good for another 20,30,40 ...years.

All of our appliances are the same age, washer, dryer, dishwasher, fridge, microwave, freezer, :eek:

I just know they're all gonna crap out at the same time.

Nothing last forever, and these days things last even less.

Jim

3. buster40c

You are right. These things could have kept working now but waited to break down when sometime in the future I might not have the money to replace or repair them.
    Hyjack my own thread.
    My dryer took a dump about a month ago and I am still waiting on one back ordered part that evidently is coming on a slow boat from China. I heard many of the shipping boat fleets have been ordered to slow down due to lower amount of goods being shipped from China. LMAO but the economy according the liar in chief is still gaining strength. I guess Obozo the liar clown thinks people can't see what is going on. Each new time going to the grocery store I am often seeing price increases but oh no that is my imagination because again the liar in chief said we basically have inflation at minimums.
    I must be doing some good drugs because I must be hallucinating then. One item I saw went from last week $.99 to this week at $1.19. Nah there isn't any inflation going on.
    Yep Phideaux I am lucky these things happened now I guess.

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,

I know exactly what you are saying. Each time I think I am gonna be able to slip a C note back into my savings account, something takes a dump. My fridge is only about 5 years old and I hated from the day I bought it and now it's ready to take a crap. Last year was a new washer, dryer, and a hot water heater. I told my wife let's go back to the old days when women washed clothes at the river with a bar of Lye soap and a rock. She called me a dumb azz cuz we live in the desert and there ain't no river. Can't argue with that kind of logic.

Tommy

5. buster40c

LOL Tommy I don't think the no river was the reason for calling you a DA. It was more the thought you had about women not being able to use washing machines period.
    A friend of mine told her mom I hang clothes outside on a line to dry. Her mom asked was my dryer broke and my friend said no he is just cheap.