Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now before anyone post a link to shooting the bull I want to see what everyone's 380 Acp brand pick. I have been looking at hydra shok. But I would like to see everyone else's pick.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Now before anyone post a link to shooting the bull I want to see what everyone's 380 Acp brand pick. I have been looking at hydra shok. But I would like to see everyone else's pick.

Hornady American Gunner .380 xtp.

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1487617876.765898.jpg

I also just ordered some of these.

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1487617924.374874.jpg

Attachments

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Different testers get different results from .380 ammo.

IMHO you get good expansion (some of the latest hollow points) or good penetration (FMC).
Don't think you can get, really get both from any .380 ammo.

I'd guess Hornady Critical Defense-or-Federal HST depending on who you want to believe...
Or maybe FMC for max penetration. (I'd be looking for lots of expansion, but that's just me).
Winchester's latest Silver Tips might be good? I think they have a new name for them now.

Sorry, looking over my post I don't think I'm much help. :eek:

·
Registered
31 Posts
The only reasonable and objective result comes from the Medical Examiner.
Remember, while "shooting the bull," first you have to HIT the target before the bullet can do anything and almost ANY hit to a vital area will be good enough and almost any hit to a non-vital area will not stop the attack.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Over the years I've developed a hard fast rule: Below modern 9 X 19mm I only shoot either FMJ or other RN bullets. That's it; and I don't expect to ever change my mind on this, either.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts