What's your thinking on the Ecilpse

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by phideaux, Jul 21, 2017.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Sorry, guys,

I'm not excited, in awe, super happy, jumping up and down about this happening.

Will it be a thing to see , once in my lifetime....yeah....so what.

I guess it's a big deal with many .

Thats OK.
    As long as they don't interfere with my normal daily blife .

B U T...looks like that might happen.

I live in a small town , actually I'm out in the country, and we are already seeing heavy traffic in our little town.

My little local newspaper (yeah we still got one) had our County Leadr post a piece this morning.

eclipse.jpg

Got a bad feeling about the crowds and this event.

Jim

2. WizardMaster

WizardMaster SHARPSHOOTER

I agree and the crowds we see at any events lately don't seem mature enough to leave their parent's basements...........

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

So is your little area going to be the only place to see this eclipse? The newspaper article makes it sound like they are expecting a Woodstock turnout for this eclipse. Who did the chamber of commerce pay to get the viewing rights for this eclipse viewing hole?

4. phideaux

Can you see west Ky ?

whole-us.jpg

See Eddyville , Ky

Jim

Attached Files:

5. WizardMaster

WizardMaster SHARPSHOOTER

That's an awful wide laser beam.............

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I have seen a full eclipse of the sun before. They told us not to look directly into the sun without proper eye protection so we all went to the shop and wore our welding helmets. It was kind of neat and lasted about 5 minutes. Now it looks like us folks in Az won't be able to see it cuz it just gets Jim in W. Kantuck and states above that line so does that mean that we won't be able to see it? I really don't mind cuz it's in August and the heat will be so intense that it will be blurry. I won't need my welding helmet but maybe a bathing suit, since the sun won't shine our temps will drop 30-50 degrees and people will be in the streets rioting and busting out windows and burning cars. Almost sounds like a BLM movement or a Democratic convention. I better start loading more rounds because the illegals will use that time to come up and raid Az making it unsafe.

Now tell me Jim, is this for real or is this something that you conjured up so it gives you another excuse to buy another cannon? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnk!!!!!

Tommy

7. phideaux

Dang it Tommy,

You got me... how do you outsmart the Fox?

Any reason I can come up with to go gun shopping...:D

My Eclipse special...950 JDJ Rifle.

In my dreams.

Jim

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  8. phideaux

OMG....
    We had to do some errands and little shopping yesterday.:(

Every store, ma & pop, Wally world has oodles and gobs of Tee shirts, Caps, Hats, clothing, coffee cups...other junk on display, and it ain't cheap.

Like me, any occassion to ......:rolleyes::duck::eek:

Jim

9. buster40c

wow they are really blowing this eclipse out of whack. I maybe wrong but I would be surprised if people do really come out in hoards to see it.
    Take a cardboard box and cut a hole in the back side. You can watch the eclipse on the opposite inside of the box. You don't get burned eyeballs this way watching it.

10. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

I figure it will get dark for a little bit. :rolleyes:

IIRC, there was a total eclipse of the sun in my youth. I missed it, went to a James Bond movie instead. I did witness a partial eclipse. Watched it at school. Took a shoe box and poked a hole on it
    Pointed it at the sun and was able to see the shadow of the eclipse in the box.

I ain't buying no stinking shirts!

11. buster40c

As I remember the last blood moon didn't keep to many out in the streets and that was supposed to be a really big deal. We shall see what happens with this eclipse.

12. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I enjoyed the blood moon we had a couple years ago,saw a partial solar eclipse back in the 90s when we lived in Kentucky,we used a welding helmet to watch it,it was neat. Looks like we're way too far away to see this 1 though.

13. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

I'll watch it from my yard with my Questar!

14. buster40c

When and at what time is this eclipse to take place? If it is during the daytime and it actually got dark people might freak out the end had come. Will you be calling friends to see if they were taken? LOL