Whats your cup of coffee ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by phideaux, Aug 2, 2015.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

As I am typing this I am now enjoying a cuppa coffee.

Got me to thinkin about all the different brands and blends.
    I been drinking Wal Mart "great value dark roast" brand for a little while, due to trying to save a buck or two.

I found out today , its not worth it. I bought , what I used to drink, Maxwell house "Master Blend", man what difference

Folgers, Maxwell house ,Nescafe, and I guess a couple others, are the off shelf most popular.

Forget all the gourmet stuff and all the latte, cappacuino, and such.Just for this conversation, as I like those also, but just PLAIN coffee, for now.

The makers all have numerous blends, Dark, Light, Columbian, Asian,Etc, Etc.

I think I am hung up on Maxwell house "master Blend"

Off shelf coffee , what are some of you guys using, and reccomend?

Jim

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I like my coffee back, no sugar, on the strong side. Chock Full o' Nuts Original and New York roasts. Went through a can of Maxwell House Gourmet Blend awhile back, it was both extra smooth and good. Can't tolerate Folgers; it doesn't smell right when I open the can.

3. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Hot, black, fresh and strong - that's my only requirement. I don't mind a few grounds in the bottom, I like a little extra flavor. The brand ain't too important to me. The water is. I can't stand coffee that tastes like chlorine from the water treatment. All that said, I do like Maxwell House a little better than the other common kinds.

4. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

My hubby drinks coffee so strong a knife will stand up in it. We have Yuban Dark
    Yuban Dark with creamer and sugar for me.
    When I go out its always a Peppermint white mocha. Yummy! Hot or blended!

5. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

Douwe Egberts Filter Blend..............we have it delivered for about $5.50 a lb. Delicious with a bit o Reddi Wip..................

6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hey BB,

I got a can of that Redi Whip the other day,
    It dissolves nicely in hot coffee, but Im thinking I would like it better in hot cocoa.

To each his own, but I rather do without it,

For me it changed the flavor of the coffee too much.

I can use it or leave it.

Hey , at least I tried it.:)

Jim

7. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

I never used to like anything in my coffee that was sweet, but my taste buds have changed since getting older....................maybe it's the coffee that I use, and I make it kind of strong. I still like half and half also.........I also use filtered water.

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Ok, ok, I am the wuss on this subject. First of all, do NOT talk to me when I get up and had at least 1 cigarette and a cup of coffee. To err is human, BUT I am not human til after a smoke and a cup of coffee. I like Folgers medium roast, with coffee creamer and some sugar. The sugar is to keep my very sweet and loving personality.........didn't think you would believe that anyway. And I don't want anything to eat until I am done with the whole pot of coffee. I don't believe in waste. End of my morning routine......now everybody have a good laugh!!!!
    Tommyh

9. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

You must be downing the sugar Tommy. Your pretty sweet :)

10. shadecorp

shadecorp Member

I likes my coffee
    black and strong
    no sugar.
    But,
    the ulcer doesn't feel the same.
    Found a Mint Hot Chocolate in "K" cups
    So I pour a some powder in my coffee
    cuts it enough so it doesn't wake up the ulcer.
    and no too sweet.

11. gunnerjacky

gunnerjacky New Member

I may sound stupid to some but I have to admit on this that I never had any cup of coffee without milk and sugar. Since childhood, I have been having coffee only after adding milk and 2 tea spoons of sugar. I don't know how Black joe tastes like. But someday, I will certainly try it.

12. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

That 'ignorance' may be related to your work experience. For many years I worked 'out on the floor' of a machine shop. Our coffee came from a vending machine. It was very bad coffee, but it was made even worse by the 'creamer' option. I have been an alcoholic for most of my adult life, so when I was working the day shift coffee was a necessary morning 'adjuster''. That coffee with that creamer was too much of a challenge.

13. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

When I do drink coffee, which is very seldom to never, it is black with sugar or sweetener. Actually I think ice cold coffee has more coffee flavor than hot coffee. I used to love coffee ice cream till I burned out on it because I had so much of it.