What's Wrong?

Discussion in 'RugerTalk Forum Contest' started by SGW Gunsmith, Feb 13, 2020.

1. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

This forum seems to be missing something? Sorta dead with not much activity. That's too bad, seems to be a more friendly atmosphere. No moderators ready to pounce on you for contacting members off site through business emails.
    Really sad to see a possibly GOOD forum this badly neglected.

2. robmkivseries70

robmkivseries70 New Member

I like it here as well but tend to check the other Ruger forums more often as they are busier.
    Best,
    Rob

SGW Gunsmith likes this.

3. SGW Gunsmith

I can't help but be overly "cautious" concerning this forum, and any willingness on my part to offer Ruger Mark pistol advice as accumulated from my 50+ years experience with these guns. Some of the very same moderators here collude with a "rogue" on another firearm forum. Sad case of "power mad emotion".

4. robmkivseries70

robmkivseries70 New Member

SGW Gunsmith, I can kinda empathize. I like the smaller forum but sometimes feel I might be missing something from the bigger forums. It's like living in a small town where you wonder what you might be missing in a bigger city, not to mention the hassles of the city. I a new guy here.
    Best,
    Rob

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  5. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

I've been banned for life several times from the "other" Ruger forum.......usually for questioning moderators.......most notably "Iowegan". I'm a member there again but it's not as active as it used to be.

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  6. SGW Gunsmith

I know of what you write. :) He doesn't like to be questioned concerning any of his Ruger Mark pistol, feeble "lack of knowledge".
    When he mentioned "cobbling up a couple of hardware store washers" to replace the magazine disconnect parts on a Ruger Mark III pistol, I called that a "rinky-dink" way of doing things. He went nuts! I see now he calls himself a "retired moderator"? What do ya get for the that?
    Far as I'm concerned he doesn't know diarrhea from good brown gravy as far as Ruger Mark pistols are concerned. I don't think I ever got to be a Corporal on that site. :rolleyes:

7. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

I just got banned for life again over there! Whoever is watching.......I'll be back!!!

SGW Gunsmith and nickndfl like this.
  8. SGW Gunsmith

How do you do that? Would almost be worth it, just getting under Iowegan's ( Gary Hunter ) skin for a while. He's such a wuss!

C. D. Bates likes this.
  9. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

I have several email addresses and ip's!

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  10. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

It is worth the trouble to upset the powers that be over there!

SGW Gunsmith and C. D. Bates like this.
  11. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

I got banned awhile ago. The people over there are wound way too tight.

12. C. D. Bates

C. D. Bates Member

I got banned first time I went there.
    Didnt matter, knew I wouldn't be back.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    paulruger likes this.
  13. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

I think I know of what "other" forum you are talking about. I made it to Gunnery Sergeant, then left for one person on there was always hounding me...not a Moderator, just some clown. That was about two years ago....just never went back.

Lol, don't even think I remember my password anyways! :p

14. SGW Gunsmith

The forum is RugerForum.net. Yah, that dam ahole iowegun is a real jerk. He posted and insisted that Ruger G100 cylinders are machined from a casting. Another member there posted a video, from Ruger, on how those very G100 cylinders are cut from "steel bar stock". Poor guy probably got banned for disagreeing with that dipstick Gary (Iowegun).

People from here should join that group if only to drive iowegun nuts!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  15. Hey Key Board gunsmith I thought you were leaving us ?

16. SGW Gunsmith

No, just worry about yourself, "keyboard soldier". I'm doing fine. You still kicking your dog?