Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an Archangel stock, a Centerpoint 4x16-40 scope and a Midway 18" bull barrel. The Archangel stock came with an extended magazine release and synthetic buffer. What's some of the other things I need to do to make my Ruger better than stock??

·
Registered
436 Posts
"Better than stock" :confused: Ok, gotta clarify as one person's "better" is not the same for another. ;) What do you want for a look, performance level, etc? Budget? Built a lot of these with a wide array of parts from different manufacturers. No simple "this is best" that applies to every scenario.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking for ideas to make this weapon a better shooting rim fire. I did t mean to offend anyone by saying," better than stock." Just hoping to get suggestions on what others may have done to enhance stock performance. :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Oh, no, no…nothing offensive about the wording at all. Some simply see different results as being an improvement while to others it's nothing at all.

Basically there's three basic areas to look at - the barrel, trigger and stock. Depending on how far you want to go and what issues may be taking places there's other parts that could be replaced but not always necessary. I've built up nearly 20 thus far and have gone from simply DIY budget builds to full makeovers with a thousand dollars into them. All depends on what you are looking for. Without having abetter idea of your wants and wishes, kinda hard to give any more specific direction to look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This weekend I installed the receiver of my Ruger 10/22 along with the Midway stainless bull barrel into the Archangel Deluxe Target stock. The fit was not a simple drop in procedure. I had to sand a bit at the left front portion of the receiver section of the stock. After a few passes of some sand paper I was able to get the barrel and receiver to go into the stock with a slight nudge. I want the barrel and receiver to fit snug in the stock, but in the process, now the barrel is leaning heavy towards the left side of the for-end of the stock. Has anyone had this issue before, and what is the solution ? The barrel is supposed to be free floating. The tech at Archangel said the stock has a lifetime warranty on it and if whatever I do to try and correct the problem doesn't work they'd send a new stock. Any suggestions??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts