What was your menu on the 4th?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pancho_Villa, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Thought I was going to get by with deli meat sandwitches. But that didn't happen. Wife wanted me to do some Baby back pork ribs. I had already done a whole brisket on the 2nd for my daughter's office party on the 3rd. The brisket was wiped out and I did not get any. So it was back to the BBQ pit on the 4th.

Had some byaby backs with a nice rub mix. Need to have enough brown sugar to make a cup or two of the rub. Rub recipe was brown sugar, comino (cumin), salt, cayenne pepper. Add a little water and mix it cause a want it sticky. Strart with the brown sugar and a little water in a mixing bowl. The salt,, cumin, cayenne pepper, is mixed to your taste mostly. And add butter if you wish. You can add enough butter to make Paula Deen smile. Rub a good layer on the ribs and save some and add a little more water to pour on the ribs as they cook. BBQ @ 275 to 300 degrees is good for a couple of hours over your favorite wood. Mesquite for us. We have acres of it. Guess an oven broil or bake would work in a pinch.

Don't forget chicken, hill country sausage, and grilled tortillas & picante sauce on the side. Arroz con frijoes a la charra (Mexrice and charro beans for those that don't habla).

Looks like this.

[​IMG]

Sitting on the patio drinking a Shiner Bock. Wishing the pool had water in it. But the main pump needs to be replaced. Electricity and chemicals to rund the thing is a beeetch. [email protected] money pit. And nobody but the kids come out here now.

[​IMG]

2. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Grilled Porterhouse steak, corn on the cob, coleslaw and homemade apple pie.

3. Railbuggy

Railbuggy Oath Keeper

Deep fryed breaded Catfish nuggets and homemade french frys washed down with rolling rock beer was my evening meal.

4. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Those really sounded good. Anyone else?

5. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Hamburgers,hot dogs,chips and some kind of grape salad dessert,pop and beer.

6. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373133131.717107.jpg

So far today I had this
    Braunschweiger, Swiss, onion and mustard on a hoagie :). Glad to be back in good ole America

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Barbarian Burgers,
    Grilled burgers , topped off with sauted, fresh green peppers mixed with fresh onion and mushrooms .

Baked beans, fresh canteloupe, watermelon, old fashion lemon icebox pie.

jIM