Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
They are Allen head screws. Don’t know the size, one of the smaller bits in my Wheeler kit fits it. You do know that the screws thread into a grip bushing that threads into the frame. If you mess the threads up you will have to replace the bushing. If you wish to upgrade the screws to give the SR1911 more bling, look at wicked grips.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are Allen head screws. Don’t know the size, one of the smaller bits in my Wheeler kit fits it. You do know that the screws thread into a grip bushing that threads into the frame. If you mess the threads up you will have to replace the bushing. If you wish to upgrade the screws to give the SR1911 more bling, look at wicked grips.
So what’s the process to tighten the grips? Just don’t want to have them rattling like they came from the factory.

Thanks!

·
Registered
759 Posts
First I would remove the screws and grips and insure that all of the grip bushing are securely attached. The screws may be bottoming out on the bushing and not tightening the grips. If the bushing are secure the install the grips and screws and just tighten the screws. I don’t have a torque value to give you but you do not have to be a gorilla about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts