Ruger Talk Forums banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I bet people didn't clean & lube it before shooting it .I always do this and I lube with the Lucas Extream Duty Gun Greese and they fail to read the owners manual recommend . 22 LR ammo most firearms like this the manufacturer recommends the 40 gain Hi Velocity solid point .
Whenever I receive a firearm, new or used, I disassemble and inspect it. I've found swarf in NIB firearms, and in used ones nearly 99% of the time they've been subjected to a lack of cleaning and little or no lubrication where it needed to be.

The Intratec TEC-series of firearms were very simple in design and weren't manufacturerd to a particularly high standard, so malfunctions and parts breakage were common even when they were lubed up properly and HV ammo was run through them. Quality and reliability seem to be a crapshoot, but if anything...it's definately different in design :)

After I get a number of other projects out of the way I'll be machining a 1/2x20F to 1/2x28M thread adapter so I'll be able to add this pistol to my list of suppressor hosts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own 34 rimfire rifles and handguns. Savage, Ruger, S&W, KelTec, Daisy, Winchester, Walther, Taurus, MVMW, High Standard, H&R, Freedom Arms, Beretta, and Charter Arms.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I own 34 rimfire rifles and handguns. Savage, Ruger, S&W, KelTec, Daisy, Winchester, Walther, Taurus, MVMW, High Standard, H&R, Freedom Arms, Beretta, and Charter Arms.
Nice! When you're able to do so please post up some images of the above...we all like pictures!

And welcome to the forum :)

61 - 63 of 63 Posts