Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I like the Ruger rimfires that I own, they only represent part of my .22LR firearm inventory; I also enjoy shooting other rimfires, particularly handguns, from the likes of S&W, Walther, Beretta, Taurus, etc., most of which have threaded barrels to allow for suppressor use.

One of my favorites is a dedicated .22LR AR pistol build, which is reliable, accurate, and of course quiet:

So if you're in the mood tell us and post up some images of the non-Ruger rimfires that you enjoy shooting (I know you've got to have at least one) ;)

·
Registered
573 Posts
IMG_1051.jpg

This is my 992 Taurus. I like it because I can switch between 22 lr and 22 mag. I bought it to carry in a shoulder holster when I mow with my ZTR and rats show up. Now that I have my grass under control I use it to keep snakes out of my fish pond and rat snakes out of my chicken house.
I really like it and it also scares the buzzards from rousting on my house. When they don’t scare easy the 10/22 comes to the rescue.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I own a .22 LR Taurus Mdl 94 DA Stainless Revolver 5" looks Just like yours that I sometimes carry when hunting or checking Traps or Fishing but it is .22LR Only .I used it to dispatch Feral Hogs & Coyotes caught alive in traps. Beware the Buzzard is a protected bird of prey if caught killing one you can risk having your state hunting license revoked your firearm taken , heavy fines , ban from hunting for more than a year . They make a round for the shotgun that explodes to scare birds off. It's not worth it to shoot a buzzard .If you have a buzzard problem call DNR Wildlife they will know best how to handle it.I have a Four KEL TEC .22 rim fires 3 are pistols one is .22 magnum and a .22mag rifle .But I like my Ruger Rimfires best of all.

·
Banned
405 Posts
What is the vehicle behind you?
More fun chasing hogs around on foot and getting up close and personal, and then showing them what a shortened barrel on a Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44 magnum, and how one handloaded round with a 240 grain Speer solid will give them heartburn:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice job! The challenge is getting close and placing a small cal. bullet just behind the ear or forhead.
I long time friend which is no longer with us once shot and killed a boar from about 17 to 18 yards with an air rifle in .22 caliber.

·
Banned
405 Posts
Grandpa used to pop 'em behind the ear, reaching over the rail with a .22 rifle. Steers he, would stand up on the rails and use a 20 pound sledge hammer to the forehead as they were herded under him.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nice job! The challenge is getting close and placing a small cal. bullet just behind the ear or forhead.
I long time friend which is no longer with us once shot and killed a boar from about 17 to 18 yards with an air rifle in .22 caliber.
My Buddy Brian " Pigman " Quaca Killed a Boar at 20 yards with a .177 Caliber Gamo Pellet Gun .

·
Registered
192 Posts
Those air guns are pretty good. They make great hunting guns and the ammo is inexpensive. I think I paid $5.00 for five hundred pellets at Big 5 when I had my air gun.
Having to cock the gun was a job and it got old quick firing single shot. But for the intended purpose, which is for hunting, it is a great gun.

It will take down a good size pig, coyote and anything under that. Rabbits and squirrels are good to eat, you won't go hungry. It's a good survival gun.

Most of us prefer a gun powder gun and I'm one of them. But an air gun is good to have as a back up in the woods, desert or anywhere you hunt.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Everyone should have a good quality air gun.
Times like these when ammo is hard to find and pricey when you do, the old air gun can put a squirrel or rabbit in the pot without wasting any powder.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The Air Gun like the .22LR is all to often underestimated and looked at as a Child's toy . People with this mind set end up victims of tragic accidental events when shooting these weapons . Never thinking of them as deadly weapons but they are just as deadly as any other firearm.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts