Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walton County Sheriff's Department, Fla. has had 20 handguns turned in which were inadvertently left behind by Summer vacationers. Seven turned in by housekeepers this past weekend which were left in vacation rentals.
Glad no children found them.
Kudos for the honest housekeepers.
What do you think penalty for owner should be?

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
How many kids were left behind and turned in by the housekeepers? LOL

·
Registered
112 Posts
Inadvertently leaving behind the wife and kids I could understand. Who in their right mind inadvertently leaves behind their guns? Some messed up priorities right there! Lol

·
Registered
992 Posts
I understand anyone can have a brain fart and be forgetful, but come on...its our responsibility to have control over our guns at all times. Forgetting a gun somewhere is the very definition of losing control of the piece. And it's a big black eye on the pro 2A crowd if a tragedy results from it.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I am remarkably forgetful in my dotage - but I don't recall ever forgetting a gun.

Hmm. "Don't recall". Now I gotta go check.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Lol now you got me second guessing to. Taking inventory making sure everything is where it should be!

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Walton County Sheriff's Department, Fla. has had 20 handguns turned in which were inadvertently left behind by Summer vacationers.

What do you think penalty for owner should be?
Like spike said.....
You control your gun, I'll control mine. If you "forget" a gun you 're not in control of it.

The penalty? You don't get your gun back!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I just wonder how many guns got ruined or lost during the recent storms? People sure couldn't take them with them when they had to leave their homes in a hurry.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Hopefully all guns left behind due to storms are in safes. Leaving behind guns on vacation inexcusable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts