Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a mini-14 in a trade. The stock could stand to be refinished, but the bluing is good and the rifling is crisp. Per the serial number, it was manufactured in 1989. It came with three 20-round mags and one 30-rounder. Any ideas as to what it is worth? Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hard to say but I would imagine it all depends on how well it shoots. Reliability and accuracy means everything. Some of the older ones could be pretty finicky and not very accurate. A barrel strut can certainly help with any accuracy issues. My experience with the mini 14 is that some of the aftermarket mags can cause problems. The Ruger factory mags might be a little on the expensive side but seem to work the best IMO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
as far as price i wouldnt pay more than 6 for used and wouldnt sell for less than a grand if then. as for mags even factory mags need service/ clean and lightly lubed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought a 186 series GB model wearing tapco intrafuse body. Love shooting it plus the fact it has the LEO stamp. Pondering a trade for an AR. Or I'm gonna put a red dot on it and store away until the next play date.

·
Tom
10 Posts
I looked for over a year before I bought one and the price was always $500-700. I got mine for $540 plus purchasing the 20 round mags. I suspect they are much more than that. I would keep it because of the style it is (not a so called assault rifle) yet it operates just like one and has the large capacity mags.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't fired my Mini-14 in several years, but I'd have to be really hard up for cash to sell it. It's my favorite rifle (and the prettiest).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts