Ruger Talk Forums banner

801 - 820 of 834 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I bought a lamb shank to taste a new meat. I browned it in a skillet then rubbed it down with rosemary, thyme, and cayjun spice rub. I put slices of garlic cloves into the meat also. I put it in a slow cooker with a little chicken broth and left over coconut oil from browning. I also added 4 stalks of celery. I cooked it on low for 8 hours and it was falling off the bone done. I had to scoop it out with a spatula to keep it from falling all apart.
It was so tender with awesome taste. I liked it better than beef roast. Kind of expensive {$15} but it sure was good. My dogs would fight each other over the bones. They loved it to. I will get more of it.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Sounds good buster. Ever BBQ any cabrito?

I was gone Saturday and Sunday to the gunshow, so the daughter and her boyfriend made some Tripas en disco. Beef small instestine deep fried in a Wok like thing made from a farm tractor disc for turning over soil. Ya also fry some onions and taters in the hot oil. Served on artery cloggin' tortillas and pico de gallo.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Outta town on Tuesday. Met with the son at work and went out for pizz

Grilled some pork riblets. Taters amd greem beans to go with the ribls.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Bought some octopus to try. It's okay but I doubt I will buy it again.
No it doesn't taste like chicken.
I bought 4 cactus pears to try also. It is a mild sweet taste. The seeds are hard like pebbles so scoop them out with a spoon and discard them.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I think the few people that hate any reference to our USA heritage, defense and development of it then why don't they just leave? It used to be if a person didn't like seeing what made this country great they were told to leave but today oh no let's trash whatever they don't like.
We can blame people like Soros that pay millions to trash this country's heritage and its freedoms.
https://www.newstarget.com/2019-11-...-removal-armed-soldier-veterans-memorial.html

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Seafood dinner from King's Inn, Loyola Beach, Texas. Fried shrimp, oysters, and drum. Fries, fried onion rings, & salad for sides.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Bought some octopus to try. It's okay but I doubt I will buy it again.
No it doesn't taste like chicken.
I bought 4 cactus pears to try also. It is a mild sweet taste. The seeds are hard like pebbles so scoop them out with a spoon and discard them.
Octopus, it all depends on how it's made.
Taste is GREAT when made in a cocktail form with cucumbers. Just like the shrimp cocktail but with octopus. Also try a mix of clams, shrimp & octopus cocktails.
The seeds from the prickly pears are eatable. Should be cooled and served in the summer during hot weather. They will quench the thirst. Also try cucumber water or orange , lime water. Slice up the fruit you want and drop the slices in a gallon of water refrigerate. After a few hours the water will have some flavor of the fruit but it is all water. It is refreshing in summer time.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Pork - It's what's for dinner.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Made myself some "skinny" Clam Chowdah. I prefer it with heavy cream but the light cream makes me think I'm eating healthy.
Chowdah.JPG

·
Registered
210 Posts
Apparently Mrs. Claus got tired of listening to me whine about how inadequate my old half-plastic Cabela's slicer was every time I wrestled a slab of home-cured bacon through it, and she upgraded me to this restaurant-grade 240W 10" blade model.

The first thing I did with it was pickup a couple of (relatively) cheap ribeyes and sliced them paper-thin (just under 1mm) for cheesesteaks. Even with that motor hum, it's still far quieter than my old slicer.

I smoked a new batch of cured belly this past Sunday, then wrapped and refrigerated it until today. After using the slicer to make short work of a flat of pastrami that I home-cured and smoked a couple weeks ago, I went to work on the bacon.

The action on this thing is baby's-butt smooth, and it was spitting out precisely 3.5mm thick slices just as fast as I could so effortlessly push the product tray. The blade is so sharp almost can't feel any resistance at all when it's cutting through the meat.

Clean up is a bit of a chore, so doing as much slicing as you can in one batch is desirable. And removing the 10" razor-sharp steel blade for washing is not something to be done carelessly or when you're distracted (I've been taking bets on how long it will be before I christen it with my own blood). But it's so effective at the slicing job that I'm overall very happy with this new toy. I think I'll keep it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
This weekend was the annual D/FW Irish Festival, but with my wife recovering from a hairline fracture in one of the bones of her left foot we had to skip it this year. So I decided to bring a taste of the Emerald Isle home instead.

None of that ground beef cottage pie nonsense, mind you. A proper ground lamb Shepherd's Pie like we've not had since we were in Dublin.

And to wash it down, a microbrew from a local brewery run by an Irish gentleman.

801 - 820 of 834 Posts