Ruger Talk Forums banner

781 - 800 of 834 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Daughter made a big pot of chicken tetrazinni for all on Sat.

I grilled a side of baby back ribs, chicken legs, an sausage on Sunday. Wife daughter and son fixed rice, pico de gallo, and guacamole for Sunday dinner.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Put a beef rump roast in the slow cooker with onions, garlic, red bell pepper and pears from my pear tree. I added some red pepper flakes and covered with worcestershire sauce and a little liquid smoke..
I took the roast out when the internal temp was 170 degrees. I think I should have taken it out when it was around 150 degrees. It wasn't really tender but it sure tasted good. The cooked pears were really tasty also.

Reactions: Pancho_Villa

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Bake chicken, turnip greens, mac&cheese,cornbread. Fruit punch.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Zucchini pesto whatever ya wanna call it. Darn straight was good.
I used two zucchini spiraled into noodles. Pressed them down into a food strainer to get moisture out. Added salt, garlic, and Parmesan powdered cheese. Mixed it up and pressed out more liquid.
Heated up a good size pan and cooked the noodles in olive oil. Just long enough to get them cooked good n hot. You don't want them to burn.
I had some tomato salsa already made using 2 cans of Hunts fire roasted diced tomato, 6 garlic cloves, 1small diced onion, 1 small can of chipotles peppers in adobo sauce, four de-seeded jalapenos, two dried Mexican peppers, 1 diced red bell pepper. This is really good just for salsa dipping. However you like to make your salsa is your decision for taste. The chipotles can be bought at different heat levels. They can get very hot. If you like your salsa really hot then use one jalepeno with seeds and all. Be careful doing that because it might cause you to scream come on ice cream after eating that fire.
I added about half of that mix into the pan with the zucchini and cooked on medium for about 20 minutes. Then I laid about five slices of Chipoltes hot pepper spiced cheese on top of the mix. Turned the heat down to medium low and covered the pan. Cooked for another 15 minutes till the cheese was melted. I then stirred the melted cheese into the mix below.
Oh man I loved this and it wasn't a high calorie meal. I will be making it again.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Ate left over shrimp boil from Friday. Made 4 lbs. of shrimp, red taters, corn in Old Bay and spice mix. Kids were coming home for a "Quinceanera" party on Sat. So, we fed them Friday and they got to eat for free on Sat. also.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
The grand babies are over,cold cuts that what they wanted.

·
Super Moderator
1,376 Posts
Bbq big ribeyes and chicken breast tonight

·
Registered
210 Posts
I found beef shanks at the corner grocery store, so I got ambitious and made Osso Buco with Gorgonzola Polenta (Italian cheesy grits, essentially).

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I have a question. What are serving sizes based on?
I checked the label on a can of crab meat to read the calorie content and stuff. The crab meat content is after water is drained is about 4+ oz or 1/2 cup and the label says that is 2 servings. 1 serving is 2 oz or 1/4 cup. I think after draining the water the total crab meat compressed might be 1/4 cup not a half cup. Liars!
My question is does anyone else think a 1/4 cup of anything is far from being one serving? A 1/4 cup might be one serving for a baby but for an adult that is ridiculous.
2 cans would be more like one serving. LOL I am obviously an over eater.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Kids were home for the weekend to work on the daughter's garden, cut some brush, and mow. So, I broke out the grill. Baby backs seasoned with Chupacabra rub, chicken legs, assorted sausage links. Wife made some tater salad and tossed salad. Blueberry muffins for dessert.

Outta town on Monday to dentist. Pizza, soup and salad. Son met us there for dinner.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Purple cabbage roll ups stuffed with shredded pork loin, onions, jalapenos, and spicy salsa. Tasted good even if I say so myself.

781 - 800 of 834 Posts