What I Did Today

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Ernesto, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

I went down younder to Cochise County by the army base doing my usual inspections. Stopped off on the way back down a dirt road called dry canyon rd. Grabbed a few empty beer cans out a the back of the pickup. Pulled out my new to me - new Blackhawk .357 and fired off a few.
    I think I love this gun more than any I've ever had. I might marry it. There's just something facinating about revolvers I can't explain.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Sounds like you had a fun day. I agree about revolvers. Be sure you get a pre-nup before you marry it though.

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,

He doesn't need a pre-nup like movie stars and rich guys like you. He already solved his problem with the rounds he fired!!!:cheesy: And he don't have a couple of Pythons like you do too. I'll take the Python that it takes two hands to hold on to. That might give you an idea of which one I want!!!!

Tommy:cheesy::dizzy::D

4. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Well I'm married to my .357 Blackhawk for sure. I have never had a gun of any type I liked as much as my Blackhawk w/6.5" barrel.
    Now you need its little brother, the Single Six with a 5.5" barrel. Those two fit good side by side and look good in a display case.

And the 4.6" barrel version is easy to pack so..................
    It never ends. LOL

For me a single action revolver is a fun gun.
    A semi auto is just a needed tool, also fun but not the same.

5. oldschoolfool

oldschoolfool In the army now..

The heft and balance when you pick one up, the fit of the grip in your hand, the design that has its roots reaching back over 500 years; watching all the parts engage when you draw the hammer back, the satisfying clicks and snaps of metal engaging metal; the way the light catches the metal as the cylinder rotates- yeah, revolvers are ok. Lol.

6. Ernesto

The only way it would be better if it were double action.

7. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

Just so you know, they aren't making a dress for the Blackhawk yet, but I've heard that they have one coming out after the first of the year;)

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

In my opinion...all revolvers should be single action.

9. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

I like double myself..............................choices..........................................

10. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Nah, there are other lovely Rugers for that. Marry the Blackhawk, "keep" the GP100 or Redhawk; or vice versa. Keeps it in the family too.

:eek:

11. Ernesto

HaHa, yes well the only Redhawk I like is the #5003 44 Rem Mag Hardwood 7.5" 13" Hunter Model

I gotta have hardwood on my grip. Not into the Hogue grip or style.

12. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Oh my word!

Nooooooooo!
    :cryinglaugh:
    She couldn't wear Blachawk at the wedding as a double action.

13. Ernesto

I know I know that when I said it, just saying double actions are great as well. Then she'd be a redhawk.