What Gun clothing you wear

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by phideaux, Feb 25, 2013.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I have a few different brands of guns in my meager collection.
    Mossberg, S&W, Remington, Savage , Taurus, AKs, Uberi, Keltec,Rossi,Charter Arms, Iver Johnson,and a few more, but......

Ruger is the only one of which I wear something to let folks know how I feel.;):)

The Carhardt was a free gift from Ruger, about 2-3 yrs ago, and the Cap was a gift from a friend, and it is a special, never marketed cap , so Im told, and I never seen another like it.
    Im telling ya, if its below 40 degrees outside, this is my attire.
    That Carhardt will burn your butt up ,its warm.
    Doctors office, Court House, shoppin, Church, School, Restraunts, I wear it every where.:cool:

I know you guys got more and better ,
    Would like to see it.
    May gimme some ideas.

100_3857.jpg

100_3853.jpg

100_3850.jpg

Jim

2. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I haven't got anything but my Ruger tattoo and I've always wanted a Ruger jacket :(.Want to sell me something????:D

3. jrc

jrc New Member

I don't think I own a single gun item. Got an NRA sticker on my truck, and a bunch of different stickers on my range case .... does that count? :)

4. Heater

Heater New Member

Bought my wife a Ruger apron for Christmas -- black with red logo -- and she loves it. Got myself a red one with white logo for shop apron.

Other than that, I have a blue corduroy Mossberg ball cap that is nice for cool weather, and a couple khaki "tactical" ball caps, one from EoTech that my brother gave me and one from Tactical Night Vision Corp. that was a bonus with an order.

Other than the range, though, I tend not to wear gun-related gear just out and about. The "grey-man" concept is one I find appropriate. No stickers on the car or house attest to there likely being guns inside. Stopped wearing my photographer's vest (I am a former professional journalist, so I had good reason to wear one long before the CCW adoption) once it's image changed.

If I do want to send a signal, though, I'll put on my instructor jacket with the star/badge patches from when I taught in the criminal justice program. It's a good way to find out who is on parole or probation -- you get that "look."

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  5. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

6. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

I still wear my criminal justice department jacket too. (retired) Yep, ya do get "the look." Only had a couple of ball caps with Ruger & S&W logos . years ago and lost them. Also had a few jacket gun logos that I never used. They were provided as perks for a volunteer hunter safety program that I taught classes for.

7. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I don't. I don't like advertising I'm a gun owner. That being said I do have a more than a few shirts I wear around the house.

8. Seenya

Seenya Once a Marine...

I love Carhartt cold weather clothes. Got my first in the 70s when working in the refineries. Only get to wear my jacket every couple of years but when it's on, I'm not cold. Nothing better in my eyes.

I only have a couple of hats with logos on them. I don't usually wear them when I'm out and about as I like to keep a low profile but I do wear them at the house. My favorite at the moment is an old Bravo Co. hat.

9. Donn

Donn Member

No ballcaps, no stickers, no trademark clothing and especially no "I Dare You" signs on/around the house. Nobody needs to know whether or not I own firearms. No offense to those of you who do wear this stuff, just MHO.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  10. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

No offense here. It would be a boring world if we all thought the same.;)

I also proudly wear my military hats with my 3rd Armored Calvary patch . Bunch of guys died wearing that patch.

I live in a very rural area.
    Word in my part of the county is , "stay away from that guys place, youll get shot". Im really a teddybear,but I hope if I send the message to the BG that Ill shoot him, I wont have to.

We had a rash of burgarlies back a couple years ago, up and down my road. Houses are about a mile apart,and about 8-10 homes got robbed.

For some reason they skipped my place.:cool:

Open carry is getting more prominent in my area these days also.

I think it also depends on where you live.
    I probably would keep a low profile in NYC or Chicago.;)

Jim

11. Donn

Donn Member

12. Popeye

Popeye New Member

I don't wear anything related to guns. I do not feel the need to let other people know my interests or that I might be CC. Which I usually am.

13. Heater

Heater New Member

I live in a small town in the North Woods, so it's not like there aren't a lot of households with guns -- or cars with guns in the trunk or trucks with guns stashed behind the seat. But I sure don't want to advertise the matter. We have open carry, and now CCW, but the only place I'd open-carry is walking in the woods. We have enough tourists and retirees from the city that get antsy over stuff as it is.

On the other hand, wearing camo around here doesn't necessarily ruin the "grey-man" effect. For a fair number of folks, some bit of camo is just regular wear, so no one really pays it much heed.

14. PecosBill

PecosBill New Member

Mostly I feel the same way. But lately I find myself wearing my NRA cap just to tick off the haters and banners. Sometimes I get a friendly nodd.