What firearms are you wanting next ?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by phideaux, May 15, 2015.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

For me the list could go on forever, but just being realistic, Im only going to list a couple that could , possibly, maybe, become one I own.

1. Thompson Center Contender with 45-70 gov 14" barrel
    2. Ruger Mark III Target SS
    3. Ruger or Savage Scout rifle in .308
    4. Magnum Research BFR revolver in 45-70 gov 10" barrel
    5. Ruger # ! 416 Rigby

Thats a short list, that I actively keep my eyes open for , but seems something else always jumps out at me , and disrupts that list.:)

I had a Yugo Tokarev M57 on the list for years... just ordered one Sat.:rolleyes::D

Whats your list look like?

Jim

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

On my relapse list would be a
    1-Sig P238
    2-S&W Model 10
    3- Colt Python--- 99% sure this will not ever happen but I have been tempted really bad a couple times.

3. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Wanted and getting are 2 different things but I guess.
    1.My Stainless Springfield 1911A1 45acp,if the guy I sold it to still has it like he said he would do.
    2.Ruger MKII or MK III (I've had the II haven't had the pleasure of the III yet)
    3. Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk with a 10 1/2" barrel.
    4. Some sort of AR in .223.
    5. Single shot muzzle loading pistol in 45 cal. with at least a 12" barrel.(A barrel for my Contender would be nice but I don't know if anyone makes one for it.)

4. hodge

hodge New Member

In no particular order-
    SR1911 5"
    Sig 1911 Nightmare Carry
    Henry Big Boy 357/38 (I had one, and miss it)
    Another Sig 238- my daughter wants mine.

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Jim,
    If you could you would have a bazooka. Your problem is that you have scrounged all the pawn shops and gun shops within a 10,000 mile radius and they all know what you want and when they see you coming they hide the "heavy duty" stuff cuz they don't want to help you carry it out. :cryinglaugh:
    Now, look at me, I don't have that desire any more-well maybe, I might be lying (a white lie) but I keep looking at the internet and gunbroker.com and reading magazines Buster told me to quit buying. I am now a saved man!!! I have no more guns I want nor need-----maybe, just maybe another Match Series Colt 70, or another Python, or try a Sig Sauer, or possibly a 22-250 heavy barrel, 223 Remington Hunter Special again, possibly a .243 or a WWII 1911 (Singer made of course). BUt seeing how I am a changed man (actually don't have any money), I have been converted and seen the light. If you need one, I can send you a 75watt light bulb so you can see the light too!!!!!
    Tommy
    Forgot to mention a Ruger Vaquero nickel plated!

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  6. buster40c

Tommy you are kinda sorta in the twilight zone also. At least when you lie you turn around and tell the truth. Hello....my name is.... and I am a gun addict. If they had meetings for them it would be a crowded room.

7. shadecorp

shadecorp Member

:mad:The only one, for me, that is realistic,
    A Henry L/A .45 Colt.
    Just picked up my Henry L/A .22.
    But in the dream world
    in no order.
    Model 21, Skeet
    .416 Rigby, S/S
    Desert Eagle, .50 cal. fired a box of rounds through one, once.
    Thompson, Full Auto. of course.
    P-38
    1896 Mauser
    Some Lugers, different models.
    Browning Hi Power.
    One of the M-1s I carried while in the Army.
    One of the .45s I carried while in the Army.
    Browning 1918
    But at the top of my want list is
    Availability of .22
    :D

Oh my, forgot one
    FN-FAL.
    Almost bought one,
    years ago
    well,
    maybe at a later date.
    Then
    They were
    BANNED!

OK,
    Another one
    An H-K MP-5

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  8. phideaux

Hey Tommy,

For a changed man, that wont lie, and dont need or want anymore guns......thats a nice non list you worked up there..:tiphat:

Jim

9. ScottyShooter

ScottyShooter New Member

I'm with buster on the Colt Python or any Colt snake gun would do, but it ain't gonna happen unless I win the lottery. Oh I forgot we don't have the lottery here in Alabama!

10. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I really think I am set, except... I'd kinda like a Smith Model 15, 5 or 6" barrel - or whatever the Ruger equivalent would be. I enjoy punching paper with the Model 10, but better sights and a longer barrel (it's 3") would be nice. It was cleanup day at my club range today. The guy I worked next to mentioned the 'serious gap' in his rifle collection between .22LR and .243 Winchester; he figured it would require two more guns to fill it.

11. buster40c

LMAO "serious gap in my rifle collection" That is a true gun addict talking there for sure.

12. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Scotty,
    I don't do this very many times however since you are on the forum, I will make you a deal. If you send me $100.00 per week, I will play the Lotto and Superball for you faithfully and the only thing I want in return would be just HALF of what you win (after taxes) and other than that it won't cost you anymore. Now normally I don't make offers like this, but I am known to make exceptions for friends. BTW-we are friends now and just wait til you win the Lotto and we will really be GOOD friends. Scouts honor!!!!:metal2:
    Tommy

13. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

With just one lacking, I finished my firearm bucket list some time ago. The single holdout is a Sig P210. A few that interest me but nothing that is a must-have anymore. A few more Ruger #1's in various chamberings would be nice but in the big scheme of things, I'll pretty much set.

14. Vanousb

Vanousb New Member

I am easy I guess...
    Have s&w 38 special long barrel 67 model from my dad
    Have mt 12g shotgun
    Have my rem 514 from childhood

Recently added
    Lc9s
    SR22
    Glock 42

Want to add
    Lcp
    Sig P238
    Glock 43

Like I said...easy.

15. shadecorp

shadecorp Member

Must add one thing to this thread
    I Do Not own a Firearm.
    I Have Never owned a Firearm.
    I Will Never own a Firearm.
    I Will Not Associate with anyone owning a Firearm.

Just want to get this disclaimer out to the watching eyes.

16. ScottyShooter

ScottyShooter New Member

I'll pass on that Tommy. I may live in Alabama but my northern roots (Iowa) know better. Just like Phideaux to start a thread like this.

17. phideaux

18. buster40c

Holy crap I did it. I hit the submit a few times and dang it my short list just got shortened. For my hating snakes I just spent a couple big bills + on a Python.
    I said I wasn't going to do it. I am such a liar. I said if it went over a price I was done. Well that was a lie. Guess who fricken won?
    I still think if I ever have to sell it then I will get more than I paid for it. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it.
    Notice the cylinder only has wear on the right side. Must have been a right hander owned it. lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  19. phideaux

Pics or it dint happen....

Even pics of snakes...

Jim

20. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

In the past week or so I have come to realize that I need a GP100 pretty badly. Unfortunately, that means I need to sell my Chiappa Rhino 50DS.

77 y.o. geezers should have no needs beyond medical attention.