Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me the list could go on forever, but just being realistic, Im only going to list a couple that could , possibly, maybe, become one I own.

1. Thompson Center Contender with 45-70 gov 14" barrel
2. Ruger Mark III Target SS
3. Ruger or Savage Scout rifle in .308
4. Magnum Research BFR revolver in 45-70 gov 10" barrel
5. Ruger # ! 416 Rigby

Thats a short list, that I actively keep my eyes open for , but seems something else always jumps out at me , and disrupts that list.:)

I had a Yugo Tokarev M57 on the list for years... just ordered one Sat.:rolleyes::D

Whats your list look like?

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
On my relapse list would be a
1-Sig P238
2-S&W Model 10
3- Colt Python--- 99% sure this will not ever happen but I have been tempted really bad a couple times.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Wanted and getting are 2 different things but I guess.
1.My Stainless Springfield 1911A1 45acp,if the guy I sold it to still has it like he said he would do.
2.Ruger MKII or MK III (I've had the II haven't had the pleasure of the III yet)
3. Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk with a 10 1/2" barrel.
4. Some sort of AR in .223.
5. Single shot muzzle loading pistol in 45 cal. with at least a 12" barrel.(A barrel for my Contender would be nice but I don't know if anyone makes one for it.)

·
Registered
275 Posts
In no particular order-
SR1911 5"
Sig 1911 Nightmare Carry
Henry Big Boy 357/38 (I had one, and miss it)
Another Sig 238- my daughter wants mine.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
For me the list could go on forever, but just being realistic, Im only going to list a couple that could , possibly, maybe, become one I own.

1. Thompson Center Contender with 45-70 gov 14" barrel
2. Ruger Mark III Target SS
3. Ruger or Savage Scout rifle in .308
4. Magnum Research BFR revolver in 45-70 gov 10" barrel
5. Ruger # ! 416 Rigby

Thats a short list, that I actively keep my eyes open for , but seems something else always jumps out at me , and disrupts that list.:)

I had a Yugo Tokarev M57 on the list for years... just ordered one Sat.:rolleyes::D

Whats your list look like?

Jim
Jim,
If you could you would have a bazooka. Your problem is that you have scrounged all the pawn shops and gun shops within a 10,000 mile radius and they all know what you want and when they see you coming they hide the "heavy duty" stuff cuz they don't want to help you carry it out. :cryinglaugh:
Now, look at me, I don't have that desire any more-well maybe, I might be lying (a white lie) but I keep looking at the internet and gunbroker.com and reading magazines Buster told me to quit buying. I am now a saved man!!! I have no more guns I want nor need-----maybe, just maybe another Match Series Colt 70, or another Python, or try a Sig Sauer, or possibly a 22-250 heavy barrel, 223 Remington Hunter Special again, possibly a .243 or a WWII 1911 (Singer made of course). BUt seeing how I am a changed man (actually don't have any money), I have been converted and seen the light. If you need one, I can send you a 75watt light bulb so you can see the light too!!!!!
Tommy
Forgot to mention a Ruger Vaquero nickel plated!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Tommy you are kinda sorta in the twilight zone also. At least when you lie you turn around and tell the truth. Hello....my name is.... and I am a gun addict. If they had meetings for them it would be a crowded room.

·
Registered
199 Posts
:mad:The only one, for me, that is realistic,
A Henry L/A .45 Colt.
Just picked up my Henry L/A .22.
But in the dream world
in no order.
Model 21, Skeet
.416 Rigby, S/S
Desert Eagle, .50 cal. fired a box of rounds through one, once.
Thompson, Full Auto. of course.
P-38
1896 Mauser
Some Lugers, different models.
Browning Hi Power.
One of the M-1s I carried while in the Army.
One of the .45s I carried while in the Army.
Browning 1918
But at the top of my want list is
Availability of .22
:D

Oh my, forgot one
FN-FAL.
Almost bought one,
years ago
well,
maybe at a later date.
Then
They were
BANNED!

OK,
Another one
An H-K MP-5

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Tommy,

For a changed man, that wont lie, and dont need or want anymore guns......thats a nice non list you worked up there..:tiphat:

Jim

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm with buster on the Colt Python or any Colt snake gun would do, but it ain't gonna happen unless I win the lottery. Oh I forgot we don't have the lottery here in Alabama!

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I really think I am set, except... I'd kinda like a Smith Model 15, 5 or 6" barrel - or whatever the Ruger equivalent would be. I enjoy punching paper with the Model 10, but better sights and a longer barrel (it's 3") would be nice. It was cleanup day at my club range today. The guy I worked next to mentioned the 'serious gap' in his rifle collection between .22LR and .243 Winchester; he figured it would require two more guns to fill it.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
LMAO "serious gap in my rifle collection" That is a true gun addict talking there for sure.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I'm with buster on the Colt Python or any Colt snake gun would do, but it ain't gonna happen unless I win the lottery. Oh I forgot we don't have the lottery here in Alabama!
Scotty,
I don't do this very many times however since you are on the forum, I will make you a deal. If you send me $100.00 per week, I will play the Lotto and Superball for you faithfully and the only thing I want in return would be just HALF of what you win (after taxes) and other than that it won't cost you anymore. Now normally I don't make offers like this, but I am known to make exceptions for friends. BTW-we are friends now and just wait til you win the Lotto and we will really be GOOD friends. Scouts honor!!!!:metal2:
Tommy

·
Registered
436 Posts
With just one lacking, I finished my firearm bucket list some time ago. The single holdout is a Sig P210. A few that interest me but nothing that is a must-have anymore. A few more Ruger #1's in various chamberings would be nice but in the big scheme of things, I'll pretty much set.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am easy I guess...
Have s&w 38 special long barrel 67 model from my dad
Have mt 12g shotgun
Have my rem 514 from childhood

Recently added
Lc9s
SR22
Glock 42

Want to add
Lcp
Sig P238
Glock 43

Like I said...easy.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Must add one thing to this thread
I Do Not own a Firearm.
I Have Never owned a Firearm.
I Will Never own a Firearm.
I Will Not Associate with anyone owning a Firearm.

Just want to get this disclaimer out to the watching eyes.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Holy crap I did it. I hit the submit a few times and dang it my short list just got shortened. For my hating snakes I just spent a couple big bills + on a Python.
I said I wasn't going to do it. I am such a liar. I said if it went over a price I was done. Well that was a lie. Guess who fricken won?
I still think if I ever have to sell it then I will get more than I paid for it. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it.
Notice the cylinder only has wear on the right side. Must have been a right hander owned it. lol

Attachments

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pics or it dint happen....

Even pics of snakes...

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
In the past week or so I have come to realize that I need a GP100 pretty badly. Unfortunately, that means I need to sell my Chiappa Rhino 50DS.

77 y.o. geezers should have no needs beyond medical attention.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts