Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
I've just been using them foam plugs but am going to order electronic muffs from Midway here shortly.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have some very old (early '70s) Sonic II ear plugs. Sometimes if I'm just shooting pistols I use some no name ear muffs that I have had just as long.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I am ,first of all a cheap skate, second, I am hard of hearing.

Soooooo, that being said....I use them little orange foam plugs , with a pair of Winchester (cheap but work) ear muffs.

When I switch from handguns to long guns, all I gotta do is remove the ear muffs.;):), did I mention I was a little lazy.:rolleyes::D

I really refer to myself as being frugal and efficient.:cool::D

Jim
btw, I once thought as Tater , until I got old.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
I've been using some for hunting for quite a few years and like the way they amplify sounds so you can hear the game easier and then shut down and become plugs when you shoot to protect your hearing.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
I have a couple of the old muffs with the metal over the head metal strap. They get hoton warm days, o.k. on cold days. Have some old Sonic IIs.....somewhere. Sometimes I use .38 specials stuck in my ear when I forget everything else. Or stuff a TROJAN in each ear.:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
My trusty old muffs have served me well for many years. Thought about upgrading what I've got as they get in the way when shooting my AR.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use a pair of mold-your-own ear plugs that I bought from MidwayUSA. I've found that I can hear conversation and range commands better with them than I can with ear muffs, they seem (IMHO) to block impulse noise better than my muffs do, they don't get in the way when I'm trying to shoot a rifle, and they're bright orange so the range officers can see I've got protection in. The best part is they only cost me $12. Been using them for about a year and a half now.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I use a pair of mold-your-own ear plugs that I bought from MidwayUSA. I've found that I can hear conversation and range commands better with them than I can with ear muffs, they seem (IMHO) to block impulse noise better than my muffs do, they don't get in the way when I'm trying to shoot a rifle, and they're bright orange so the range officers can see I've got protection in. The best part is they only cost me $12. Been using them for about a year and a half now.
I found this [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w5hclSlRsY[/ame]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts