Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Just a matter of time for them to have appeared. The Competition has always been a model I thought was atop the model line. The Tactical... well, just shows, add some clotheslines and call it "tactical" and ppl will think it's great. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Loving mine. Rails come in handy for certain things.
I may even hang my Christmas lights on them when the season gets here. ☺

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Ruger also now has the MK IV Standard with the tapered barrel like the MK 1 and MK II originals had.

Reactions: Carl Crosby

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my MKII standard 6", although I wish it was the 4" model. I bought the 6" because that was the minimum barrel length allowed for hunting here back when I bought it.

I wanted the 4.5" MKIII 22/45 until I put it in my hand. The grip just didn't feel right to me. I liked the raked grip better. Had they made a MKIII with the raked grip and the 4 inch bull barrel I would have bought it.

About a week ago I went to the Ruger web page to look at the new MK IV standards and found a 4" tactical with the raked handle. Just what I want except for the rails. I'm thinking hard about it, I guess I could remove the rails.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
If you don't want the rail then just buy the MK IV Target model with the bull barrel.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Got hacksaw will travel.lol

·
Registered
685 Posts
Got hacksaw will travel.lol
LOL!

I like handguns to have between 3 and 5 inch barrels. Much below 3 and over 5 I lose interest.

I do, however, like "specialty" handguns. The T/C Contenders and Encores, Ruger Chargers, CVA Scouts. That's the way I go if I want a longer barreled handgun.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought this 50th edition MK II recently, unfired in its original box. Standard model with a few special touches. Stainless bolt, two mags with the Ruger trademark, red emblem on grip and the 50th rollmark affixed to barrel. Always wanted one because of it's classic "look"...Jack

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a mark iv 22/45 tactical cuz it's already threaded, and has a nice heft to it. I try to get every gun I purchase threaded. I'm hoping they're going to pass the hearing protection law, so suppressors will no longer be classified as NFA items. I'm not going to waste $200 on a stamp.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm hoping they're going to pass the hearing protection law, so suppressors will no longer be classified as NFA items. I'm not going to waste $200 on a stamp.
The dream of not being taxed on our rights! Unfortunately, I don't think that's ever going to happen.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I think the pros and cons of silencers need looked at very closely.
But as long as it sells a lot of hearing protectors they could care less.
I have yet to find foam insert ear plugs that worked well for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think the pros and cons of silencers need looked at very closely.
But as long as it sells a lot of hearing protectors they could care less.
I have yet to find foam insert ear plugs that worked well for me.
I found some shooter's ear plugs on ebay, supposed to allow normal sound through, and cut off sudden loud noises. Gonna try them next time shooting...

·
Registered
185 Posts
I found some shooter's ear plugs on ebay, supposed to allow normal sound through, and cut off sudden loud noises. Gonna try them next time shooting...
I bought a few different types of plugs like that and found that none of them work very well. Ended up just going with Peltor electronic headsets.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts