What about the 2 new Mark IV released?

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by 67stingray, Mar 10, 2017.

1. 67stingray

67stingray Member

I noticed that Ruger has expanded their Mark IV family with 2 new pistols, the Competition and the 22/45 Tactical. What have ya'll heard about them?

Attached Files:

2. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Just a matter of time for them to have appeared. The Competition has always been a model I thought was atop the model line. The Tactical... well, just shows, add some clotheslines and call it "tactical" and ppl will think it's great. :rolleyes:

3. joeb1

joeb1 New Member

Loving mine. Rails come in handy for certain things.
    I may even hang my Christmas lights on them when the season gets here. ☺[​IMG][​IMG]

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Ruger also now has the MK IV Standard with the tapered barrel like the MK 1 and MK II originals had.

Carl Crosby likes this.
  5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

And - with that Lugeresque stock. A beautiful thing.

:D

Carl Crosby likes this.
  6. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

I'm pretty happy with my MKII standard 6", although I wish it was the 4" model. I bought the 6" because that was the minimum barrel length allowed for hunting here back when I bought it.

I wanted the 4.5" MKIII 22/45 until I put it in my hand. The grip just didn't feel right to me. I liked the raked grip better. Had they made a MKIII with the raked grip and the 4 inch bull barrel I would have bought it.

About a week ago I went to the Ruger web page to look at the new MK IV standards and found a 4" tactical with the raked handle. Just what I want except for the rails. I'm thinking hard about it, I guess I could remove the rails.

Attached Files:

7. buster40c

If you don't want the rail then just buy the MK IV Target model with the bull barrel.

Attached Files:

8. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

But it has the 5.5 inch barrel. I want the 4.4 inch one.

9. buster40c

Got hacksaw will travel.lol

10. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

LOL!

I like handguns to have between 3 and 5 inch barrels. Much below 3 and over 5 I lose interest.

I do, however, like "specialty" handguns. The T/C Contenders and Encores, Ruger Chargers, CVA Scouts. That's the way I go if I want a longer barreled handgun.

11. jpsbgt

jpsbgt New Member

I bought this 50th edition MK II recently, unfired in its original box. Standard model with a few special touches. Stainless bolt, two mags with the Ruger trademark, red emblem on grip and the 50th rollmark affixed to barrel. Always wanted one because of it's classic "look"...Jack

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    dlenos likes this.
  12. guymalloc

guymalloc New Member

I bought a mark iv 22/45 tactical cuz it's already threaded, and has a nice heft to it. I try to get every gun I purchase threaded. I'm hoping they're going to pass the hearing protection law, so suppressors will no longer be classified as NFA items. I'm not going to waste $200 on a stamp.

13. 0311

0311 Member

The dream of not being taxed on our rights! Unfortunately, I don't think that's ever going to happen.

14. buster40c

I think the pros and cons of silencers need looked at very closely.
    But as long as it sells a lot of hearing protectors they could care less.
    I have yet to find foam insert ear plugs that worked well for me.

15. guymalloc

guymalloc New Member

I found some shooter's ear plugs on ebay, supposed to allow normal sound through, and cut off sudden loud noises. Gonna try them next time shooting...

16. 0311

0311 Member

I bought a few different types of plugs like that and found that none of them work very well. Ended up just going with Peltor electronic headsets.

guymalloc likes this.
  17. guymalloc

guymalloc New Member

Peltor.... I'll check them out...