Western wear

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by conservative, Nov 19, 2017.

1. conservative

conservative New Member

How many people on RT like western wear and have cowboy boots and/or hat ? I have three pair of boots myself and a brown leather cowboy hat. But I prefer a baseball cap actually . The leather hat usually doesn't look right on me. Would love to get a pair of dark cherry boots. .

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

No boots,

and I don't know if this is Cowboy, Western, Outback or Redneck.:confused::eek:

But You can usually catch me out on the farm ,with a hat like this, when I'm checking traps, or walking up to one of my game cameras.;):)

[​IMG]

Jim

3. conservative

conservative New Member

My hat is kinda like that but a darker brown.

4. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

I've got about 5 pair of boots and 3 or 4 hats around. One pair I got from my grandma 27 years ago, as a present when I graduated high school. They're shark skin. Kind of out-of-style now, but I still wear them now and then. They'll have a place in my closet till the day I die because my grandma passed on a few years back and it's one of the few things I have left from her.

5. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

"and I don't know if this is Cowboy, Western, Outback or Redneck.:confused::eek:" .... Jim
    ^ Hum, maybe not (?) Outback but you're rocking a good Redneck Western Cowboy look there Jim. :Cooltu:

Yeah I do cowboy hats / western wear. Only thing, I'm all hat and no cow... :cheesy:
    My in-laws run cattle. Does that count?

:usa:

6. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Hey spike, :waving:
    Shark skin boots are never out of style...

I have a pair of Tony Lama elephant hide that I can no longer wear. My old feet don't do that anymore.
    Yeah, Yeah I know... That's old phart stuff. You young whippersnapper you. :duck: :cool: ;) :D

7. spikedriver

Whippersnapper??? You don't know how long it took me to graduate!!!!:dunno::D

8. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I've got the hat, no cowboy boots though.

I do have the gun:
    [​IMG]

9. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

^ ^ ^ Yes you do have the gun. :Cooltu:

That's a good looking holster. Do you use a cartridge belt with it?

10. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I have the hole shebang, seldam wear the hole get up since I no longer do the cowboy shoot. When I was an Arizona Ranger used to wear the boots, hat, Levi's and holster with 41 mag Ruger Blackhawk. Wear the hat most the time.:D

11. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Nope, unfortunately I still don't have a cartridge belt.

I got that holster from a leather company when they were selling for $30. I should have bought more.....

12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Ya Hoooo...

I'm a little bit Cowboy on occasion...got the Black Snakeskin Boots...Black Cowboy Hat...Spurs and Chaps...when it's date night at the ranch and the wife asks me "whatcha doing in town stranger"

Otherwise...

This is as "Cowboy" as I get...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry...no pics of me in the chaps...that's only for the wife !! :rolleyes: ;)

13. spikedriver

^^^ Pics or it didn't happen, Shooter...you know the rules!!!

14. SHOOTER13

As a rule...I don't post any nude photos of myself in chaps.

Once seen...they cannot be unseen !!

You're welcome !!

15. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Now that's something I don't even need to see..... :teehee:

Thank You SHOOTER13 and good rule.

16. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Around Houston I seldom see people wearing western wear such as boots and hats. At the clubs you will see almost all wearing the hats and boots but that's about the only place other than at rodeos or western events.
    My cowboy hat has spent 99% of its time in the original box it came in 17 years ago. Personally I never cared much for the look of cowboy hats. For dress up I did wear a pair of black cowboy boots.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  17. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Member

Love that Ranch Hand!!!

18. conservative

conservative New Member

As far as boots go, I'm not a by fan of square toes. Had a pair and I didn't wear them much cause they never looked right to me. I normally wear a pair of brown Justin rural king specials to town and a pair of black American west to church. I've only worn my leather hat three of four times.

19. SHOOTER13

Thanks Lucian...

It's a hoot to shoot too...!!

Sold as a pistol with a 12" barrel, not as an SBR, it's quite quick into action.

It holds 5+1 of .44 Magnum or Special...and while not a long range weapon...
    can be extremely deadly up within 25 yards.

That long barrel allows extreme terminal velocity to be achieved by that powerful cartridge.

20. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

I wouldn't wear a "cowboy" hat or boots if my life depended on it! Hopalong Cassidy syndrome!