Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time for our biannual screwing with our clocks , will be soon anyways.

There are just a handful of things that I hate more to have to do regularly.

Men know ONE of the other things for sure! At least annual one.

It was several years ago (I just can't remember), I took the time to check the statistics of accidents involving children in Arizona which does not mess with their clocks compared to Texas, New Mexico which I thought might be similar demographics.

I also compared the areas of Australia that do not mess with their clocks to the areas of Oz that do.

I found no statistical info at all to show that screwing with our clocks twice a year makes any bit of difference.

I could not find ANY trouble at all related to time not being adjusted. Seems they are doing just fine.

Now of course I am not qualified in the least to make professional conclusions, this was just to satisfy my own curiosity, but I sure would like to see something professional done.

And if we MUST be forced to screw with our clocks, why the hell did we have to change our dates to do so, so now we are out of synch with other countries.

I can only assume that it made some congressmen and lobbyists money somehow when they changed it.

Doc

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
I live in Tucson, Az. The only problem I have is figuring when a program airs here that starts at 10pm in Eastern standard,(right now that would be 6pm here).

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Supposedly daylight savings time was so the crop pickers would have more daylight to work the fields.
When living in Ohio and plane left Cleveland at 9A.M. it arrived in Chicago an hour later at 9 A.M.

·
Administrator
1,053 Posts
I hate daylight savings time. Hate it. The switching of the clocks screws me up for a couple of weeks. It really messes with me.

I support doing away with it and would vote for anyone who could promise the demise of it. I hate it that much.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Me too..........

Jim

·
Registered
436 Posts
Never figure it to be a big deal. Figure that if one hour messes up my day to day, then maybe something other than a click and a whole one hour of time change isn't the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Back when I worked the day shift (7:00AM - 3:30PM), the switch to DST meant a return to driving to work in the dark. A downer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts