Well, I did it.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by greg_r, Nov 1, 2017.

1. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

I swore of on Taurus back when the class action was going on. I lost three of my favorite handguns, 2 millennium 45's and a 24/7 in 45. I promised I would not own another.

Well, I broke my promise to myself. I bought a couple of Taurus revolvers. I had posted earlier about wanting a LCRX in 45/410. If Ruger ever makes one, I will order one.

In the meantime I bought a Taurus 45/410 Public Defender Polymer. While I was at it, I bought a M85 Protector Polymer. I imagine if Taurus had a M65 Polymer I might have bought one of those as well.

What did I get? If anything like the M85 Polymer Zombie Edition, I got a heavy double action trigger pull, with a pretty good single action pull. They should be pretty accurate as well. Plus I got the 410 revolver I have been wanting. ( Actually I have been wanting a Bond Arms Snakeslayer, but that's not in the cards price wise). Got both the Tauri for about the price of a single LCRX.

Don't misunderstand. I don't think I got the equal of the LCRX, but I do expect them to be a good second string revolver. I'm guessing they should be here sometime next week. I still wish Ruger made a 45/410 LCRX.

2. 67stingray

67stingray Member

I bought a SS Public Defender about 8 years ago, it's a great around the farm gun.

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Whatever pulls your trigger is A Okay. Hope you enjoy shooting them.

4. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Cool! I've always been curious about the judge. Let us know how they shoot when you get em!

5. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Congrats on the purchase of a couple of new Taurus firearms.
    I say the right gun to buy is the gun you want and can afford. If you like it... you bought correctly.

Looking forward to a Range Report... :Cooltu:

:usa:

6. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Way to go, you should buy what you want. I have had several Taurus in the past and never a problem.:cool:

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats Greg,
    Every taurus , I've ever had always went bang when I pulled the trigger.

Put a few rounds thru em and let us know .

Jim

8. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

9. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

Oorah,I like Taurus revolvers...Congrats!:cool: