Weigand no drill mount on GP 100?

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by kyhunter, Nov 29, 2019.

1. kyhunter

kyhunter Member

I have a GP100 with a 4" barrel. As I'm getting older getting tough to see the rear and front sight in focus with the target. I was considering this mounting system for an optic. Looking for your thoughts on the mount and if you have any advice. I typically shoot paper but have deer hunted with it. Thanks for your help.

reloader550 likes this.
  2. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

It is a good idea and It is a good rail mount. It is strong and will hold your scope or red dot. The issue I have is, it sits too high and you will need to adjust for it, also it adds weight of the scope.
    Also, in order to mount this on your GP-100, you will need to remove your sights.
    There is the mini mount, which is the one that mounts where the rear sight is. Again, you need to remove the rear sight.
    The mini mount is good for the red dot sight.

3. kyhunter

kyhunter Member

Thanks Magnum, Do you think it is easier to shoot accurately if you have trouble with rear, front and target focus?

4. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

I can hit an 8 inch round metal target at 100 yrds with oem sights. Not consistently, maybe three or four hits out of twelve.
    With upgraded sights, such as a red dot, you will be right on target every time, consistently twelve out of twelve.