Wee Beasties

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by MikeInVegas, Apr 21, 2013.

1. MikeInVegas

MikeInVegas New Member

[​IMG]

Took the LC9 and the Springfield XDS to the range this morning and gave them an workout. Ran a box of ammo through the LC9 just to keep proficient and keep the gun from feeling unloved.

Since I was finally able to get my hands on some extra mags for the XDS, I was in testing mode with those and shot about 150 rounds through them to make sure they all functioned properly.

We had good weather and little wind (range is outdoors), and the firing line wasn't crowded today for some reason. I'd call it a morning well spent. (Who am I kidding? I call every morning at the range a morning well spent! :D)

2. tater

tater New Member

How do like the XD?

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Man I never get tired of looking at nice guns,
    and them are nice.

I do so want an XDS.;):D

Jim

4. MikeInVegas

MikeInVegas New Member

I like it a lot. You'd think a pint-sized little .45 like that would be a real bear to shoot, but it's very manageable. Fun, even. :)

I've heard it said that the XDS's are prone to malfunctions (most often failures to feed), but it's been my experience that if you don't limp wrist it, and if you rack it hard like you mean it when chambering a round, it runs just fine. I've had exactly one failure to feed out of over 300 rounds fired, which I attribute to shooter error.

5. MikeInVegas

MikeInVegas New Member

Get one, Jim. You will not be disappointed. :D

I had been looking for an XDS for a while, but couldn't find anyone who had one in stock. I happened to walk into my LGS for something else entirely one day and found that one sitting all alone in the case. Bought it on the spot. I've been very happy with it.